A New Beginning?- Chapter Twenty-Three

Maddy's Point of View

Fred, George and I got into the carriage led by the Threstrals. It was a shame that Fred and George couldn't see them as they were beautiful creatures. We shared a carriage with some Gryffindors in a lower grade who were discussing how much of a liar Harry was, and that there was no way the You-Know-Who had returned. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"My father works at the ministry and he said that Fudge told him that Harry Potter needs to go to Mungo's", a chocolate haired Gryffindor in third year spoke.
"Really? I got told that Potter's days in the spotlight are diminishing and he's craving attention", a blonde girl spoke.
"Excuse me", I interjected, "I happen to be Harry's sister if you didn't know. He is telling the truth. Voldemort is back. There is no way that he would tell a lie. He doesn't like the attention and would like if you refrained from talking about him. You'll see that he's back and you'll regret every single word that has just come out of your mouth"
. All of the young Gryffindor students shuddered at Voldemort's name and nodded wide eyes. I had clearly struck them with fear as each of their faces was as white as snow.
"Go tell the rest of your friends that. I'm sure you've learned never to speak ill of my brother again", I said with a smile.

It was only a matter of seconds after that incident that we had arrived on the school ground of Hogwarts. The grass was a lush green and the castle was illuminated. We began to make our short journey to the Great Hall, where we would see the sorting and then have a feast, the best part of my day. Sadly, the food provided for us is prepared by poor House Elves who have been slaving away in the kitchen all day long. Platters of food where spread out on each of the tables and the scent made me hungry. I sat with Harry, Hermione, Ron and the twins. We started to eat. The food was delectable as always. Soon Dumbledore interrupted us to introduce the new teachers. He introduced a new Care of Magical Creatures teacher. I looked at Harry in confusion. Where was Hagrid? He then introduced a lady dressed all in pink. She explained discretely that the Ministry was keeping an eye on Hogwarts. The look of her made me psychically sick.

"Surely, this can't be right. The Ministry can't take over Hogwarts, that's Dumbledore's job", I said with a sigh.
"Well, they are the head of the wizarding world", Hermione stated.
"I understand that, but do they really have to involve the younger citizens of this society in these political issues? Fudge just needs to be man and accept that Dumbledore doesn't want to be the Minister", I replied.

We walked up to the common room and sat down for a bit, chatting. I sat with Fred and George. They were telling everyone about their inventions for pranks. All of a sudden an argument occurred between Seamus Finnigan and Harry.
"Dean, Seamus. Good holiday?" Harry asked them.
"All right", Dean replied. "Better than Seamus', anyway".
Seamus stood up and spoke "Me mum didn't want me to come back this year".
"Why not?" Harry asked with concern in his voice.
"Let me see; because of you", he replied.
"The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you and Dumbledore."
"What, your mum believes them?" Harry asked in disbelief.
"Nobody was there the night Cedric died", Seamus spoke.
"I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother", Harry snapped.
I stood up to go and walk over to Harry but Fred grabbed onto my hand, stopping me from moving any further.
"Don't talk about my mother", Seamus replied angrily.
"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar", Harry responded.
"What's going on?" Ron interjected.
"He's mad, is what's going on", Seamus replied. "Do you believe the rubbish he'scome out with about You-Know-Who?"
"Yeah. I do", Ron replied to Seamus before asking the rest of the Gryffindor's, "Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?"

Everyone just stared at Harry and Ron, watching them walk up to their dormitories before proceeding to continue their previous conversations. I started to walk after Harry but was once again stopped by Fred.
"Just leave him. He's got a lot on his mind at the moment", he said to me. I huffed and fell back into my seat.
"I know that you want to go see your brother but you've got to understand that-" Fred started to say but I cut him off by saying, "You don't think I know that he's got a lot on his mind?! I just wanted to comfort him like a loyal sister should". A tear rolled down my cheek. Fred wiped it away with his thumb.
"Hey, are you alright?" he asked soothingly. I sighed.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry that I snapped at you. I've just had enough of all of this gossip. It's only been a few hours and it's like we've never left", I replied.
"You'll be okay. You've got me, remember", he said before pulling me in for a soft kiss. I kissed him back.
"I think I'm going to go to bed. It's been a long day. I'll see you in the morning Freddie", I said before kissing him on the cheek and walking to my dormitory. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

~*~

I woke up at a reasonable time. I got out of bed and had a quick shower before getting dressed. I couldn't be bothered to do my hair, like most mornings, so I used magic to put it up into a neat, curly ponytail. I tied a ribbon in it before slipping on my shoes, straightening my tie, grabbing my books and I then headed down to the common room. Fred was already there, waiting for me.
"Good morning", I said to him.
"Good morning to you too, my lovely angel", he replied with a grin.
"Your lovely angel?" I questioned with a laugh.
"What? It's a nickname", he reasoned.
"Fine, just as long as I get to call you my sweet potato", I said with a laugh.
"That's no fair. You get angel and I get potato!" he complained.
"It's either that or Freddie Teddy!" I giggled.
He sighed before stating, "Okay, you can call me your sweet potato".

I grabbed his hand and started dragging him out of the common room. "Where are we going?" he asked.
"To breakfast", I replied, "I'm hungry".
I led the way to the Great Hall and sat down at the lengthy Gryffindor table. There was plenty to eat. There was toast, croissants, yogurt, fruit, pancakes, bacon and eggs. I grabbed a plate and grabbed a croissant, bacon, eggs and toast. I sure was hungry.
"Are you sure you're going to eat all of that?" Fred asked with a concerned look on his face.
"Of course I am. I'm absolutely starving!" I replied before starting to eat my food. I had soon finished and was contently full.
"I didn't actually think you'd eat all of that", he replied.
"Well, as I said, I was hungry", I said with a laugh.

Soon enough it was time for class. I received my time table. I had Divination first. I met up with Harry and Ron, and we made our way to the other side of the castle. We individually climbed up the ladder, into the classroom, but looney Trelawney wasn't the only professor in the classroom. We were accompanied by the woman in pink, Professor Umbridge.
"I'll be monitoring your class and marking it as we go along", she explained.
"Marking what?" Trelawney asked.
"Your teaching abilities", she replied in a sickly sweet voice.

Umbridge would make an interjection every few minutes during the class, either asking a question or for not-so-constructive criticism.
"Could you please predict something for me?" she asked.
"I'm sorry?" she asked.
"One teensy little prophecy?", Umbridge asked.
Trelawney flushed a shade of crimson and awkwardly looked around the classroom. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing would come out.
"Pity".
"No, wait!" Trelawney yelled, causing Umbridge to turn around. "I think I do see something. Yes, I do! Something dark! You are in grave danger!"
Umbridge put on a fake smile and all she said was "lovely", before walking away.
"What was that all about?" I asked Harry and Ron.
"It's not like she can get rid of the professors. That's Dumbledore's job", Ron said.
"Exactly, I know she's up to something", Harry replied. Little did we know that Umbridge would be attending almost every single one of our classes.

~*~

Author's Note-

Wow guys! It has been FOREVER since I've updated! To be honest, the reason why it took me so long was that I've been so preoccupied with other stuff (like my life) that I completely forgot this even existed. But since I'm on holidays now, I'll TRY and update more frequently.

I sincerely apologise if you like this story and you've had to wait this long for an update.

Please comment, like, share and follow!

Love you guys!

~MadGirl xxx