Play Nice- Chapter Seventeen

Maddy’s POV

Okay, well that Christmas was probably one of the worst. The ball was fun but Christmas day was lame. Nobody was in the spirit!

Classes started up today and it was majorly boring. Harry was keep on saying that he had figured out the clue from the egg but you could tell that he hadn’t. He had that look in his eyes. I was walking to transfiguration when someone picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I looked to see it was the one and only Fred Weasley. “Put me down”, I protested but he ignored me. “Your hairs getting long. You need a haircut”, I stated. “It looked good”, he replied. “No it doesn’t”, I replied with an everlasting smirk on my face. “Whatever”, I heard him mumble. “Please put me down. Where are we going anyway?” I asked, “You are going to be skipping class and coming to the forbidden forest”, he said. “No! I wanna go to class”, I said. “Fine”, he sighed as he put me down and walked away. I looked down at my feet in shock. I thought that he would’ve ignored me and taken me there anyway. I walked down the hall into the classroom and sat next to Hermione. “Guess what”, she said. I huffed and rolled my eyes, “What?” “Harry hasn’t cracked the egg yet and the task is two days away”, she exclaimed. “I knew it”, I said under my breath. “What?” Hermione asked. I quickly looked up in panic and said, “Nothing”.

Since that was the last class I headed up to the common room and sat down. Suddenly my owl, Hendrix flew through the window and dropped a parcel into my lap. It had a note attached that read:

To our dearest daughter,

That Potter boy may be your brother by blood but we are your real family. I remembered that you liked little muggle things, especially their music. The parcel has an Eye Pod or something like that. The man at the muggle store put music said it already had music on it. Please come back to us, darling.

We love you,

-          Your proper family.

The fact did they this wasn’t surprising. They wanted me to win me back and become a death eater. I immediately grabbed a quill and parchment and wrote back:

Dear Phony Parents,

Since you guys aren’t my parents, I shall call you idiots. You never payed attention to me when I was your daughter, so why should I now? Best of luck with Voldemort. You see, I’m brave enough to use his real name. Not You-Know-Who or He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. That’s just idiotic nonsense. Live a good life and once you realise you’re on the wrong side, don’t come crawling back. Thanks for the iPod, I’m keeping it.

Yours Sincerely,

- Maddison Potter

“Here you go Hendy”, I whispered as I put a sickle in his pouch and tied the letter to his leg. He then elegantly flew off. “What’s that?” Hermione asked. “An iPod. It better be better than the one I already have”, I stated. Hermione nodded. I pulled out the music device and turned it on. It had a bunch of artists I had never heard of and only two I had heard of.

It had: Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey (Who I’d heard of), One Direction (Who I’d heard of), Ariana Grande, Justin Timberlake and a bunch of other people.

I decided to listen to Arctic Monkeys first. There was two of their albums on there which was: What People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not and AM. I plugged in the earphones and after a while I had listened to both albums and thoroughly enjoyed them. The songs that stood out on What People Say I Am, That’s what I’m Not was I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor and Dancing Shoes, and on AM, No. 1 Party Anthem, I wanna be yours, Do I wanna Know and Knee Socks.

“What’s that?” Fred asked as he came up to me and pointed to the iPod. “Oh, It’s called an iPod. My fake parents sent it to me. I had one before but it’s pretty much broken now. It had music stored on it and you can listen to it’, I said showing him it. He stared at it intently. “Was it made by Muggles’?” He asked. I nodded in response. “Who are you listening to?” he asked. “A Muggle band called Arctic Monkeys. I really like them”, I replied bluntly. Fred sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug quite randomly. “You alright?” he asked. I sighed before saying, “I’m fine”.

“Fine doesn’t mean fine”, he said, “The scale actually goes; great, good, okay, not okay, I hate you, fine”. I chuckled at his response before replying, “Okay, I’m not fine. We had a lousy Christmas.  Nobody was cheerful. I just wanted everyone to be happy and festive, but they’re not”. Fred tightened the hug and pulled me into his chest. “Everyone just has a lot going on. Your brother is in the Triwizard Tournament”, Fred exclaimed. I sighed. “I know. I just thought that everyone could put that aside and enjoy the Christmas spirit”, I said before unwrapping Fred’s arms and walking out of the corridor, still listening to my iPod.

I walked out of the castle, over to the Black Lake. The setting sun glimmered on the surface of the frozen lake. “Hunter, we meet again”, a voice said from behind me. I turned to see Malfoy. “It’s Potter and what are you doing here?” I asked. Draco walked up to where I was sitting and sat next to me. “Just need some air, you?” he asked. “Same”, I said with a slight smile. “So, how’s you and Weasley going?” he asked as if he was reading my mind. I sighed, “I don’t know. I love him. I really do, but… I don’t know”, I said trailing on my words. “It’s complicated?” he suggested. I nodded. “I know your Potter’s sister an all but I do think that you’re an alright person. Don’t tell anyone I said that”, he said. I laughed before replying, “You’re alright as well. Don’t tell my brother or any other Gryffindor I said that’, I replied in the same tone he did before. “I’m gonna go talk to Fred. See ya”, I said to Malfoy. He replied the greeting before I walked back to the castle.

A/N- Oh my god guys I am like totes sorry. I haven't updated since last year! Did you have a good new years?

If you guys don't know already, I have a new story. It's called We Found Love In A World Like This. It's a The Walking Dead fanfiction! (Best TV Show ever)! It's the story between Carl Grimes (Actor: Chandler Riggs) and one of my OC's (Original Character) Jade Harrington. Please read it!!

Update soon!

~MadGirl xxx.