4. Hogwarts Express

Maddy's Pov

The rest of the holidays had gone fairly quickly and before we knew it, it was the last day. Mrs Weasley had decided to take us to Diagon Alley so we could get our school books. We went earlier in the holidays and I had gotten most of my schools books then. I had to get some school books, robes and a new cauldron. Before we went anywhere we went to Gringotts so we could get some gold. I walked up to one of the goblins.

 "Name?" the goblin asked in a dull tone.

"Maddison Hunter," I said.

"Key?" He asked.
I pulled my key out of my pocket and off we went to my vault. I reached my vault and got out some gold before heading back to the Weasley's.  After we got everything Mrs Weasley said we could go have a look at whatever we would like. I went off with Fred and George.
"I wonder who our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is this year?" I asked.
"I don't know. Hope it's Snape though," Fred said.

"Why?" I asked.
"Isn't it obvious, Maddy? Every teacher who's been DADA teacher has only lasted a year, so that means Snape would be gone next year," George replied.

 We all started laughing. We reached Quality Quidditch Supplies and went inside. I admired all the brooms but the one that stood out the most was the Firebolts. The fastest broom in the world. I had a Nimbus 2001 which was pretty fast but not as fast as a Firebolt. Last year Sirius got Harry a Firebolt and everyone was jealous.

"Wish I had a Firebolt," I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to see the twins and I's friend, Lee Jordan.
"Oh, hi Lee," I said.

"Hey Maddy. How's your holidays been?" He asked me.
"Yeah they've been great, yours?"  

"Yeah they've been quite good," he replied. "Hey there, Fred and George."
 I looked and saw the twins next to me.
"Look I gotta go. See you tomorrow on the train," Lee said.
"Don't remind me we have school tomorrow. The holidays go too fast," I said.
 Every laughed as we said our good byes.

"Let's get some ice cream!" I said heading towards Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. I got a choc mint ice cream, Fred got a chocolate ice cream and George got a strawberry one.
"Hey guys, do you mind if we stop by Eeylops Owl Emporium so I can get a new owl?" I asked since at the start of the holidays my owl, Snowy got hit by a muggle truck.  

"Yeah sure," Fred said as they followed me into the shop.

"Hello dears, looking for anything in particular," an old women who ran the shop asked.  
"Yes I was wondering if I could buy an owl?" I asked.

"Any colour?"

"Do you have black?" I asked.
"We do have a male owl but nobody seems to want to buy him as he's quite the shy bird," She stated with an unsure look.
 At that very moment a black owl flew and perched itself on my arm.

"Hello there, beautiful," I said to the owl.

 "He seems to have taken a liking to you dear. Anything else?"  She asked.

"Yes, could I also have a cage?" I asked.

She grabbed a cage that matched the owl. I pay for my owl and the cage and walked out of the shop. "What are you going to name him?" Fred asked.
"Hm, I don't know. Maybe, Hendrix but Hendy for short," I said.

We met up with the others and headed back to The Burrow. Mrs Weasley cooked up a lovely dinner and soon enough it was all gone.

"Thanks Mrs Weasley. That was a really good dinner. Could I please go outside for a moment? I have something I need to think about," I asked.