2. Ireland and Bulgeria

Maddy's POV

We started walking to the very top of the stadium. After walking up many flights of stairs, we made it there. On the way, we saw Draco Malfoy, his mother, Narcissa Malfoy and his father Lucius Malfoy. Draco was boasting about how they got invited to sit with Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic. I rolled my eyes and sat down at my seat. I was in between Ginny and Fred.

Ah, Fred. Snap out of it Maddy! 
Ludo Bagman whipped out his wand, directed it to his throat, and said "Sonsourus!" and then spoke over the roar of sound that was now filling the packed stadium; his voice echoed over them, booming into every corner of the stands.                                                                                                                                                

"Ladies and Gentlemen.... Welcome! Welcome to the final round of the Quidditch World Cup!" The Spectators screamed and clapped.

Thousands of flags waved, adding their discordant national anthems to the racket. The huge blackboard opposite them was wiped clear of its old message (Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans- A Risk With Every Mouthful) and now showed BULGARIA: 0, IRELAND: 0.
"and now, without further ado, allow me to introduce..... The Bulgarian National Team Mascots!' The right-hand side of the stadium, which was a solid block of scarlet, roared its approval. "I wonder what they've brought", said Mr Weasley, leaning forward in his seat.
 "Aaah! Veela".

"What are Veela?" Harry asked. A hundred Veela were now gliding onto the field. Veela were women...... the most beautiful women. But they couldn't have been human. All the boys and men were staring gap-mouthed at the Veela. Hermione started to try at get Harry and Ron out of their trance while Ginny and I did the same to Fred and George.

 "Snap out of it", I said for the 100th time, clicking in their faces.
"Huh?" they both asked, suddenly snapping out of their trance. Ginny and I looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"And now," roared Ludo's voice, "kindly put your wands in the air......... for the Irish National Team Mascots!" 

 Next moment, what seemed to be a great Green and Gold comet came zooming into the stadium. It did one circuit of the stadium, and then split into two smaller comets, each hurtling toward the goal posts. A rainbow arced suddenly across the field connecting to two balls of light. The crowd oooohed and aaaahed, as they were at a firework display. Now the rainbow faded and the balls of light reunited and merged; they had formed a great shimmering shamrock, which rose up into the sky and began to soar over the stands. I looked up and realised it was made up of little bearded men. Leprechauns.

Suddenly the game started and everyone cheered for Krum. Viktor Krum was thin, darkened, sallow-skinned, with a large curved nose and thick black eyebrows. It was hard to believe he was only eighteen.
 "Theeeeeeey're off!" Screamed Bagman.
The game went fairly fast and was very eventful and exciting. Finally Krum caught the snitch, so the game was over. The scoreboard was flashing BULGARIA: 160, IRELAND; 170. Many people hadn't noticed that Ireland had won. Suddenly all of the Ireland supporters started cheering.
 "IRELAND WINS!" Bagman shouted.
"KRUM GETS THE SNITCH- BUT IRELAND WINS- good lord, I don't think any of us were expecting that!" Fred and George had won their bet. They had just scrambled over their backs of their seats with broad grins on their faces, their hands out stretched. Everyone started to pour out of the stadium and back to their tents.

A/N~ Hey Hey Hey! How did y'all like this chapter? If you have any ideas please comment them. It will give me  insperation! Thanks for reading and I hope you continue!

By the way this book is based on the Harry Potter novels, although I will use references from the movie for some parts of speech.

Thanks.

Love ya all

~MadGirl

xxx.