OMG IT'S THE YULE BALL! - Chapter Fifteen

Fred’s POV

Today was the day of the Yule Ball. It turns out since Angelina was bugging everyone about a date, someone put a hex on her and she’s now in the hospital wing. Serves her right.  I was still in bed. So was George. Lee had already gone. Probably wants to looks good for his date. I looked over at my alarm clock. 10am! I slept in. The ball starts in 9 hours. I cannot wait to see Madz. I hopped out of bed, go dressed and went down to the great hall, where Maddy was eating breakfast with her friends. “Better start getting ready soon”, Bri stated simply to Maddy, Hermione, Anilise and Ginny. “I agree”, Maddy replied. The rest of the girls nodded in agreement. I sat next to Maddy and wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her on the cheek. “Isn’t it only 9 hours til the ball? Why would you want to get ready so early?” I asked with a puzzled look upon my face.  “Haven’t you realised that it takes a long time for girls to get ready”, Ani said in a “duh” tone. “Yeah plus Maddy wants to look perfect for you”, Ginny added. I looked down at Maddy. She had her face down in embarrassment, her cheeks flourished with Scarlet red. But a few moments later, the colour had retrieved back to her pale face.

Soon enough Maddy and her friends left to get ready. Damn those girls.

Maddy’s  POV

The girls and I had left Fred to start getting ready. We decided we would get each person done individually. Hermione insisted on using magic to get everyone ready but I told her it would be more fun to do it the Muggle way.  I was the only one who could properly do hair and make up so  I was the one doing it all.

Suddenly, I randomly got a song I had on my mp3 player. That’s right I own an mp3 player! I know it’s a muggle object but I’m in love with music and I had heard Dean Thomas talking about one last year, so I had to invest in one. There was this other thing at the muggle shop called an iPod or something but the mp3 players were a lot cheaper. All I had on there was a boy band called One Direction and an American singer called Lana Del Rey. I was obsessed with them both. I suddenly got the song Lolita by Lana Del Rey stuck in my head. It wasn’t a very popular song of hers but I still love it. Whilst putting Anilise’s hair in a French braid, leading to a messy side bun I sang it.

Would you be mine? Would you be my baby tonight?

Could be kissing my fruit punch lips in the bright sunshine

'Cause I like you quite a lot,

everything you got,

 don't you know?

It's you that I adore,

 though I make the boys fall like dominoes

Kiss me in the d-a-r-k dark tonight

D-a-r-k  do it my way

Kiss me in the p-a-r-k park tonight

P-a-r-k  let them all say

Hey, Lolita, hey

Hey, Lolita, hey

I know what the boys want, I'm not gonna play

Hey, Lolita, hey

Hey, Lolita, hey

Whistle all you want but I'm not gonna say

No more skipping rope, skipping heart beats with the boys downtown

Just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down

I could be yours, I could be your baby tonight

Topple you down from your sky forty stories high