34. Tea Time

We used the Floo Network to get back to the infamous and oddly constructed house of the Weasley family, the Burrow. As usual, I felt the twang of sickness course through my body as I twirled through the Network into the Burrow. Fred was the first to go and I followed after him, going second. Fred was already there when I arrived and was watching me. As much as I enjoyed him watching me, I immediately regretted it as when I attempted to exit the fire place, I tripped over the grate and fell flat on my face. Fred couldn't help but let out a large cackle at my misfortune. After a few seconds, he tried to mask him laugh and managed to help me up before anyone else came through the Floo Network.
"You're an idiot," he said, letting his musical laugh out once more. "You've got soot all over you."
"It's not that  funny," I said, playfully smacking his arm before proceeding to brush the ash off of my clothes.
"Yeah, sure. It's totally  not that funny at all!" he exclaimed cheekily.
"You should be glad that I love you," I stated leisurely before continuing, "Or else..."
"Or else, what?"
"Or else I'd smack you across the face."
"How dare you! My heart is hurt now."
"Get over it."

Ron appeared next to witness our play fighting, although, he did not realise that it was playful.
"Oi, stop fighting!" Ron yelled. "What happened here?"
Both Fred and I stared at each other blankly for a brief second before laughing harder than we previously had.
"What?" Ron asked. "Why are you laughing?"
"You're so cute, Ron," I said with a smile. "We're only playing around."
"Ron, cute? Ron, cute? What about me? Aren't I cute?" Fred asked, pretending to act defensively.
"No, not at all," I joked.
Fred grasped at his heart, "I thought that you loved me. My heart and soul ache now."
"Only kidding, Freddie," I replied, placing a kiss on his cheek. "You're cuter than Ron."

"You know what you should do?" he asked rhetorically. "You should sleep in my room tonight."
"I don't know, Fred," I replied. "I am awfully tired and I think I'd just rather sleep in Ginny's room."
"Nah," he replied, completely disregarding what I had said. "You'll sleep with me tonight, even if I'll have to take you by force like old times."
"Yes, but we weren't together in the old times," I said with a grin.
"So?" he rolled his eyes. "No one will suspect a thing."
"Of course they will. They'll probably think we're having sex," I said, playfully hitting him for the third time today.
"Yes, they'll think we're having sex with George right next us," he replied sarcastically.
"You never know!"

"Maddy, do you want to put your stuff in my room?" Ginny asked, smiling as she grasped onto her own suitcase.
"Of course," I replied to Ginny, sending a wink in Fred's direction.
I proceeded to walk up the rickety stairs that led to Ginny's room, a place that I had been many, many times before. I smiled when I saw the familiar décor of Ginny's room which consisted of many Quidditch posters and other merchandise. I placed my luggage beside her wardrobe near the foot of her bed. Ginny put her luggage in her wardrobe. She said that she was going to do it later, and that now she just wanted to relax. Her and I began to do our yearly ritual of pulling the trundle beds that Brianna and I would sleep on from underneath her bed.
"We'll make your bed later," Ginny commented to me. "We can do everything later. I just want to relax for now."
"Me too," I replied before asking. "Do you know where Bri is?"
"Mum made Fred degnome the garden. Bri decided to help," she answered.

It was the evening sun sunk over the Ottery St Catchpole scenery and soon the day turned into night.
"We're having the Order over for tea," Mrs Weasley said as she pottered around in the kitchen.
"So be sure to look your best, boys and girls," Mr Weasley, who had just arrived from the Ministry said as he popped his head through the doorway.
"I think I might wear my pyjamas," George said with a smirk. "What do you think, Fred?"
"Oh yes, I was thinking the same thing," he replied, both trying to rile up their mother.
"Gred, Forge! I mean, Fred, George! You will do nothing of the sort!" Mrs Weasley yelled, pointing a finger sternly towards them before directing her attention to me. "Maddy, we're so happy to have you here. Where's Brianna?"
"Brianna? Oh, I think she's upstairs unpacking her belongings," I replied warmly.
"Oh, very well. Be sure to look smart, everyone."