What the hell is the Yule Ball?- Chapter Thirteen

Maddy’s POV

Fred and I have only been closer since the date. He is always coming up with excuses so he can sit with me. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I’m currently sitting in Transfiguration. McGonagall is currently blabbing on about some useful information when suddenly something triggers my ear. “In honour of the Triwizard tournament we are holding the Yule Ball. The Yule Ball is first and formally a dance”, McGonagall said. Whispers and giggles of excitement spread through the room immediately. For the rest of the lesson Hermione and I spoke about the ball. “No one’s gonna ask me. It’s obvious Fred is going to ask you”, Hermione says with a tad of sadness in her voice. “I know someone who might ask you”, I say in a la-di-da voice. “Who?” she asks. “Krum will. I heard him saying that he had the hots for you to one of his friends”, I say. She immediately started to blush. Suddenly the class ended.

“Hey babe”, I heard from behind me. I turned around to see Fred. “Oh, hi Freddie!” I say before giving him a peck on the cheek. “So have you heard about the ball?” he asks me. “Yeah I have! It sounds exciting”, I say with a grin. “So I was wondering…. Would you like to go with me?” he asks. “Nope”, I say. A look of disappointment suddenly spread across his face. “Only joking! Of course I’ll go with you!” Suddenly his face lit up and he engulfed me into a warm hug. We headed up to the common room and sat down on a couch. I rested my head on his chest whilst he played with my hair. He laced his fingers around mine. I was happy there just to be in his embrace. “well, well, well look what the cat dragged in” a very familiar voice said. I looked up to see the stupid Angelina. “Angelina, just leave us alone”, I said calmly. “Hmm… no”, she said with a girly giggle. I started to tense up. “Hey Freddie! Wanna come to the ball with me?” she asks sickly sweet. “why don’t you ask George?” he said. “Well, I’ve got my eyes on you”, she said in a flirtatious voice. I tried to get up but Fred quickly wrapped his arm around my waist so I couldn’t move. “Look Angelina. I’ve got a girlfriend and she is my date. I’m sure George would like to go with you?” he said.

She walked away in awe. She started to rant to Alicia while I just laughed. “What’s so funny?” George said as he sat on the couch opposite to us. “Ah nothing”, I say struggling not to laugh. “Okay” he said. “Hey Georgie, who ya taking to the ball?” I asked. “Haven’t asked anyone yet”, he said. “You should take Bri. I’m sure she’d like it, although I think that Angelina might ask you”, I said with  a smile. “Cool. I’ll ask Angelina”, he said. “No! No no no no no no no! You can’t ask her. You should ask Bri”, I said. “Why shouldn’t I ask Angelina?” he asked puzzle. “She’s a b- ” I looked around to see many first and second years. “She’s not a nice person. You should have seen the stuff she said to Fred and I!” I said before walking away. Bri and Ani were sitting on a couch talking to Ginny. I sat down and joined them. “Hi y’all, what you talking about?” I asked. “The Yule Ball”, they all said at once. “ How did I know that?” I asked sarcastically.  “McGonagall is making everyone do dance practise”, Ginny whines. “Yeah but we get to waltz and dance with boys”, Anilise said. The girls started giggling and going on about the Ball. “I’m sorry but what’s the hype about?” I asked. “Think about It Mad. Do we ever get dances? No. This is our only chance”, Bri said. “Oh whatever. Anyway, Ginny aren’t you too young to go to the ball? Isn’t it 4th year and up?” I asked. “McGonagall said that if someone older asks you, you can go”, Ginny said. “What are you not telling me?” I asked in suspicious voice. “Neville asked Ginny!” Bri and Ani said at the same time. “Awww”, I said before going back to Fred.

“Hey Freddie, guess what?” I said. “What?” he asked, rolling his eyes. “Ginny has a date to the ball”, I said in a la-di-da voice. “Who is it?” Fred asked. “Neville”, I said with a grin He suddenly burst out in a fit of laughter. I started hitting him on the arm since he was drawing too much attention and whispered “Stop it!” “Ouch! Okay I’ll stop”, he said chuckling. “Come on lets go. Dinner’s starting about now and I’m starving”, I said as I dragged him out the door. We got outside the common room but I stopped outside the portrait. “Maddy, why are you stopping?” He asked. I put my arms around his neck, stood on my tippy toes and kissed him on the lips. I pulled away leaving him astonished. “What was that for?” he asked with a smirk. “For being too handsome”, I said before grabbing his hand and dragging him to the Great Hall.

A couple of days later…

The Gryffindors of years 4th and up, and younger students who had been invited were gathered in the hall. The boys were on one side and the girls on the other. “The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the... Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance” McGonagall said. The girls giggled. “Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons”.

“Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight”, she continued. Haha not true. I looked over at the boys to see Ron muttering something and the rest of the boys laughing. “Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley...” “Yes?” Ron asked uneasy. ‘Will you join me?” she asked. Ron suddenly went white faced and wide eyed. I looked over at the twins and Harry and laughed. They all smiled and laughed back at me. “Now, put your right hand on my waist?” she said. “Where?”  Ron asked going even wider eyed. “My waist”, she said in a subtle voice. He put his hand on McGonagall’s waist and on cue Fred and George wolf-whistled. He’s face flushed red with embarrassment. I turned to Hermione and Ginny and started laughing. “Please don’t let me forget this”, I said. They both nodded while laughing.

A/N- I’m obsessed! TVD is friggin awesome! PLEASE LET ME MARRY DAMON SALVATORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR KLAUS!!!!!!!

I have absolutely nothing going on in my life right now! Boring, huh?

Oh and shout out to my special friend Bri! You see we’re all special… JOKES! But we are AWESOME! BTW Bri- The Bri in this book is based on you and another BrI I know (which is spelt bree)

RAINBOW LLAMACORNS! You may think that I’m high on sugar but I’m not! This is my normal personality. I’m a bit loony. I’m very creative though. All say I’ve been drawing and singing and I get to perform at the End of Year Arts Showcase! I get to perform because my drama performance was the best! I’m so pumped!

Hunter out! (Hunter’s my last name by the way)

~MadGirl/ Damon Salvatore’s wife/ Mrs Salvatore/ Klaus’s wife/ Mrs Michaelson