Are you dead yet?- Chapter Eighteen

Maddy’s POV

Today was the day of the 2nd tournament in the Triwizard cup.

“Have you figured it out yet, Harry?” I asked my brother.

With a sigh he replied, “Not yet. The egg gave me a clue though”.

“What clue was it?” I asked.

“A woman singing but it  only happened when I put the egg under water”, he stated.

“What did she say?” I questioned.

Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you’re searching, ponder this:

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past an hour - the prospect’s black,

Too late, it's gone, it won’t come back”, he recited.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head.

“The black lake”, I stated before skipping away from him cheerfully.

I sat with Fred in the common room with anticipation. We were heading to the Black Lake in an hour. I was terrified for Harry. I needed to figure out who put his name in the goblet.

“Are you alright?” Fred asked me.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just worried for Harry”, I said with a reassuring smile.

“Ok. I was just wondering”, he replied.

“Hey Mad”, George said as he walked into the room with a love struck Brianna clinging on to his arm (A/N- if you didn’t remember, Brianna was Georges GF and also one of Maddy’s BFFs). “Let’s start heading down to the lake, shall we?” I said in a shaky voice as I put on my complementary fake smile.

Fred grabbed my hand in which I gave him a true smile. We walked out of the portrait hole and out of the castle. The walk wasn’t long. As soon as the lake came into view I reminisced a time not long ago when Malfoy showed emotion. I still hadn’t told anyone about that and I was planning for it to remain that way.

We walked up into the stands. I walked up to a very nervous Harry.

“Are you alright, little bro?” I asked as I placed a hand on his shoulder. Harry nervously nodded and put on a reassuring smile.

“Harry, you’re one of my best friends as well as my brother. I can’t stand to see you get hurt. Please promise you’ll be alright”, I said as I looked into his blue/green eyes.

“I’ll be fine. Everything will be okay, sis”, he stated.

“You better be careful. Remember to keep your eyes on the game. Don’t get distracted. These challenges are putting your life on the line”, I replied.

He nodded before putting something I heard Neville say was Gillyweed into his mouth. Soon the cannon blew and Harry jumped into the water. Actually, it was more “pushed by mad eye” than “jumped”. He stayed down in the water for a while. My heart raced. What if he’s dead? I thought as I constricted my grip of Fred’s hand.

Suddenly Harry jumped into the air yelling “YEAH”, before diving into the water.

~~~~~*~~~~~