27. The Godfather

A/N- If you could quickly read the Author's Note at the end that would be really appreciative. Thanks. 

Now onto the story... 

Before we knew it, it was Christmas. We had begun our lessons as Dumbledore's Army with Harry and I was loving it. In a matter of weeks, we seemed to have progressed quite far. It felt as though we were the second Order of the Phoenix. It felt good going against Umbridge, or shall I say, the spawn of Satan. All of us longed for Dumbledore to do something but it was no use. This whole situation was out of his control. It was in the control of the Ministry of Magic. Umbridge had continued to add more rules to the plethora of rules she had already established. Everyone hated her, some even feared her. She was a major threat whom most, including the teachers, wished to eliminate. Also, Harry had seen Mr Weasley getting attacked in his dreams. It happened to have happened in real life as well and thanks to Harry, Mr Weasley was able to get saved.

I grabbed my luggage that I was taking for the Christmas break and brought it downstairs. I hadn't taken that much with me. I had packed the necessities such as hair products, clothes, books and that muggle iPod thingy I had. Aside from that, I had brought the presents I had gotten my friends. I had gotten my brother some Bertie Botts and a Quidditch book, I had gotten Ron some Quidditch merchandise, I got some in-depth books about wizardry for Hermione, a lovely dress and some muggle makeup for Ginny, some broom polish and a book of Quidditch tips for George, and a nice muggle watch and a broom maintenance kit for Fred. I had also gotten Mrs Weasley some books for housework that Ron had told me about; an assortment of muggle things for Mr Weasley and a bottle of fire whiskey for Sirius (don't ask how I acquired the alcohol). Although it hadn't taken a small chunk out of my savings, I was happy to spend it on those I considered as my family.

I met Harry, Ron and Hermione in the common room. Fred and George had already gone down for breakfast, which is where we were heading.
"Excited for the holidays?" I asked Hermione on our way down. Ron and Harry were in an intense conversation about how unfair Umbridge had been, so I decided to initiate a conversation with Hermione.
"Yes, quite. There's this book I borrowed out of the library that I plan to read over the break. It seems very interesting. I can't wait to read it," she replied.
"That sounds very interesting," I said, even though I didn't really care about the book.
"I'm sure you're excited to spend time with Fred," she replied. "It seems as though that's all you ever do."
"It's his last year, Hermione. I'm just trying to spend as much time with him as I can before I only see him occasionally," I explained.
"Well, you should be spending more time with your brother! Voldemort coming back has really taken its toll on Harry and I don't feel as though you're being a good enough sister to him during this time of struggle," she snapped. My face fell and I stared at the ground. Did Harry feel this way?
With a sigh I replied, "I'm sorry. You're right. I should be more supportive of Harry. We share blood after all."

By the time our conversation had died, we had reached the Great Hall. I sat down next to Fred and was soon followed by Harry who had sat next to me.
"So, Harry," I began. "How have you been lately?"
"I've been alright, I suppose. I can't stop seeing him in m dreams," he replied with a sigh. "Snape is helping me control it but still, I can't sleep well."
"I'm sorry, Harry. At least that slimy git is helping you," I said with a small laugh. "Maybe this means that he's on our side."
"I guess."
Harry then began a conversation with another person, so I began to eat. This morning there was great variety in breakfast. You could get anything from pancakes to bacon and eggs. I piled some pancakes, hash browns, yogurt and fruit onto my plate.
"You seem hungry," Fred commented.
"I'm starving. I didn't eat dinner last night. I was too tired from the DA meeting," I said with a yawn. "Still am quite tired."
"Well eat up, young one," he said, patting me on the head.
"Don't patronise me," I stated with a giggle before digging in and eating.