Chapter Twenty-Seven

Harry’s POV

            “So where are we going exactly?” Louis’ nurse-I think her name is Macy or Traci or something like that-asked for about the fifth time. I had yet to ask because, honestly, I didn’t care where we were going; anywhere was better than that damned hospital. Plus, it was obviously just a dream because Louis was here, so nothing really mattered anyway.

            “I told you it’s not far,” Louis replied. “I don’t want to ruin the surprise!”      

            “Fine,” she huffed, leaning back against her seat.

            About an hour later we pulled into a familiar parking lot. I glanced around and realized we were in a park, my park, the park I had always come to as a kid. The park Louis took me to after one of my chemo treatments… That day felt like it was a part of someone else’s life and not my own. Everything was so different now…

            “Come on!” Louis grinned, offering me his hand.

            “Louis, I don’t think this is the best place for me…” I muttered.

            “Don’t be silly!” Louis said, waving me off.

            “Louis, I can barely walk…how the hell am I supposed to play in a park?” I demanded, suddenly furious with him for bringing me here.

            “Don’t worry about it,” Louis replied, offering his hand once more.

            When I refused to take it, he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around my waist.

            “What are you doing?” I demanded.

            Suddenly, he swung over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes.

            “Louis Tomlinson, you put me down right now!” I demanded.

            “Nah, I’m good,” Louis replied. I could hear the smirk in his voice. I rolled my eyes at how childish he was.

            “Will you at least tell me where you’re taking me?” I asked hopefully.

            “Nice try,” Louis scoffed.

            “It was worth a shot,” I replied, attempting to shrug in my awkward upside down position.

            “Yeah…no not really,” Louis chuckled.

            “Are we almost there?” I asked, trying to peek around his shoulder.

            “Patience, Grasshopper,” Louis replied, in a serious voice.

            I huffed but allowed him to continue on without a fuss.

            A few moments later, Louis swung me off of his shoulder and onto a swing. I looked around trying to gain my bearings. Louis scurried around to the back of the swing and began to gently push me.

            “I feel like a five year old…” I muttered.

            “Doesn’t if feel great?” Louis asked, grinning as he continued to push.

            “Superb,” I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes. But in reality it did actually feel amazing to be out in the fresh air once again, the cool breeze dancing across my face. I inhaled the fresh scent of the outdoors; I had forgotten that there were other smells in the world besides that of hospital.