Chapter Nineteen

Harry’s POV

“So, how are you feeling?” Niall asked about two weeks after the argument with Louis at breakfast. I could see that Niall was asking good-naturedly, but I glanced over at Louis and I could see the tension in his face and in his body; he was dying to know that he was right, that I was feeling horrible.

Well, you won’t get the satisfaction of being right, oh no. Because I feel fine. Yes, indeed, perfectly fine. Wonderful even. Yes, yes, wonderful indeed…just peachy! Never better!

“Wonderful,” I replied, drawing out the word as I smirked at the annoyed expression on Louis’ face.

“Well that’s great!” Niall squealed, clapping me on the back and giving me a blindingly radiant grin. “I think this is cause for celebration!”

“It better not be more food, Niall,” Zayn groaned, rubbing his already full stomach. “You’ve already forced us to eat five helpings each. If I try to stuff one more thing into my stomach then I will definitely puke.”

“Well, more for us then!” Niall sniffed, pulling a huge cake out of the oven.

“Ugh, Niall, I’ll pass,” Louis moaned, becoming slightly green at the sight of the cake.

“Yeah, me too,” I sighed, eyeing the cake.

Niall pouted his bottom lip at us but sighed in acceptance. He then set his sights on Liam, who squirmed under his pleading gaze. He was obviously full to the point of bursting, but he could never say no to Niall, in the same way that I could never say no to Louis when he gave me that same look.

“I’ll take a piece...” Liam whispered, his eyes growing twice in size as he saw the giant piece that Niall was cutting him. “Uhh…just a small piece! JUST A SMALL ONE!” He cried as Niall cut a piece which was barely smaller than the original fourth of the cake that he had intended to cut.

Liam looked like he was going to throw up as Niall set the cake in front of him, giving Liam a dazzling grin. Liam swallowed hard, picked up his fork, and slowly began to eat the cake. Niall grinned at him proudly as he watched Liam eating, clearly oblivious to the torture he was putting him through.

“So, how is it?” Niall asked expectantly.

“Most delicious thing I’ve ever tasted…” Liam muttered, practically sobbing.

Zayn, Louis, and I just watched as the poor bloke stuffed himself with the cake. Then we watched in revulsion as Niall, who had eaten seven helpings of dinner, pulled his chair around in front of the remainder of the cake and easily finished off every last bite.

“Dear god…” Zayn gasped in horror as we watched.

“I don’t think I’ll ever be able to eat again…” Louis muttered, staring at Niall with wide eyes.

“I think I’m gonna be sick!” I gagged as I clutched my stomach, scrambling towards the bathroom. The moment I reached it I leaned over the toilet and immediately began emptying the contents of my stomach.

I sat there leaning against the toilet in agony until Zayn came in with a worried expression. He crouched down next to me and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

“This doesn’t have anything to do with the cake does it?” He asked with a grimace.

I just shook my head as a single tear rolled down my cheek. I heard Zayn’s sharp intake of breath as the words hit his ears. He pulled me into a warm hug as more tears began to flow, thick and fast, from my eyes.

“It’ll be okay,” he crooned in my ear as he gently stroked my curls, which were falling out like pollen from trees in the springtime.

“Harry…I really think you ought to go to the doctor…” Louis murmured through the darkness of our hotel room.