Chapter Thirteen

Harry’s POV

            I woke up the next morning with Louis sleeping soundly against my chest. Looking at him, I noticed that for the first time in a while he looked completely at ease. He worries about me far too much…

            I honestly feel like I’ve been improving, the pain is less and sure I still lose hair occasionally but that’s a small price to pay in my opinion. I think the chemo is really helping a lot. So Louis needs to stop worrying.

            I planted a kiss on his temple and stretched myself. A light rap on the door interrupted my stretching. I quickly glanced at Louis, but he was still sound asleep. Sighing I stumbled over to the door groggily.

            I pulled the door open gently and stuck my head out.

            “Morning Harry,” Niall whispered with a slight grin.

            “Hi, Niall, what’s up?” I replied.

            “Oh, Liam sent me to tell you that we are having an extra rehearsal today,” he said.

            “Why, we have been doing the same show for the past few months!” I replied agitated. “Plus, we have a sound check before every concert. Why the hell do we need another rehearsal?”

            “I don’t know…it’s just what Liam told me,” Niall shrugged.

            “Ugh, how can you always be so easygoing?” I demanded.

            “Relax Haz,” Louis murmured, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist as he rested his chin on my shoulder. “It’s not that big of a deal.”

            “Actually it kind of is a big deal; I’m supposed to take the private jet back to New York for my chemotherapy!” I growled, tearing myself from Louis’ arms in annoyance.

            “Oh, well then just skip the rehearsal, your chemo is far more important,” Louis replied, pulling me back to him.

            “It’s sort of a mandatory rehearsal…” Niall chimed in as he scratched his head nervously.

            “I think his chemotherapy is just a little more important than the stupid rehearsal, Niall,” Louis said, raising an eyebrow at Niall.

            “I know I just don’t want him to get in trouble with management…” Niall said.

            “Don’t worry I’m sure Simon will handle it,” Louis replied with a wink.

            What the fuck is he winking about? Do they have some inside joke or secret that I don’t know about? I glanced at Niall suspiciously, but he seemed just as confused by the wink as I was. I mentally sighed in relief. Was I seriously just getting jealous of the possibility of Niall and Louis having an inside joke? Geez I need to chill out…

            “Yeah…I suppose,” Niall muttered.

            “Hey Marge,” I sighed as I approached the reception desk.

            “Hello Harold, what’s the matter?” The old woman wheezed with a slightly worried expression on her face.

            “Oh, nothing, it’s just that I’m missing a One Direction rehearsal and it makes me feel kind of…uneasy I guess…” I shrugged.