Chapter Nine

Harry’s POV

“Hullo, Marge,” I greeted the ancient old woman with my typical greeting.

“Afternoon, Harold,” she rasped with an attempt at a smile.

“Hmm, changing it up today I see,” I replied with a grin.

“What?” She asked, peering over her horn rimmed spectacles at me questioningly.

“Well, usually you always say ‘hello, Harold’ but today you said ‘afternoon, Harold’. You’re changing it up,” I explained.

She just looked at me with that eternal scowl that was always plastered on her face. So I couldn’t tell whether she was amused or not.

“Harold?” She croaked after a few moments.

“Yes, Marge?” I asked with the suspicion clear in my voice.

“I know it’s none of my business…but I’m curious what sort of treatment have they chosen for you?” Marge asked in the gentlest tone I have ever heard her use.

“Intravenous…” I murmured.

“Oh good, I was worried they might choose radiation, but intravenous that’s very good. People tend to have better reactions to that! Plus, you can just come in and then leave right after, no overnight hospital stays; it’s the most relaxed method that we offer, so that’s positive for how they feel about your condition,” she sighed.

What’s up with her…? Since when is she so…nice?

“Well, that’s good to know!” I replied with a grin.

“Alright, well the doctor is ready for you,” she wheezed as she checked my appointment information on her desktop computer.

“Thanks Marge,” I replied as I walked through the double doors leading to my destination.

“Harry, where have you been?” Louis asked with a smile as I entered our hotel room.

“Just out…” I replied evasively as I set my bag down on the bed.

“Are you okay? You’re looking a bit pale,” Louis asked, staring at me intently.

I knew that I looked like shit, pale, and exhausted, and I had no idea what lie to tell him. “Just tired is all…” I shrugged.

“Are you sure?” He asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

“Yes, Louis, I’m sure,” I insisted venomously.

“Alright, geez no need to be snippy… I was just curious is all,” Louis said.

“I’m sorry,” I sighed. “I didn’t mean to be an arse; I’m just really exhausted. I wish they would just let us sleep on the bus. I don’t understand why they all of a sudden changed their minds about it.”

“I think I know why…” Louis muttered.

            “What is it?” I asked as I plopped down on the edge of my bed to face him.

            “Well…I think they found out about Niall and Liam sleeping together…and they deemed it ‘inappropriate’,” Louis explained, putting air quotes around ‘inappropriate’.

            “What? Why the hell would that be inappropriate?” I demanded.

            Louis just gazed into my eyes with a conflicted expression.

            “Louis why would that be inappropriate?” I repeated.

            “Management has their suspicions that they are in a relationship…” Louis muttered.