Chapter Four

Louis’ POV

It’s been going on for almost an hour now. He’s covered in cold sweat, and he hasn’t stopped whimpering. The worst part is that I have no idea what to do. I’ve just been sitting here with him cradled in my lap and stroking his sweat drenched curls out of his face. I know he told me there was nothing I can do, but there must be something… at least I wish there was.

“Louis,” Harry groaned. His voice was extremely groggy sounding.

“Yeah Haz?” I replied touching my lips to his forehead.

“Where are we?” He whispered.

“Uh wha-? We’re in a hotel room… in Texas…” I replied confused; for some reason the question really caught me off guard.

“That’s not what I meant silly,” He said giggling as he gently smacked my chest.

Wow he’s kind of delirious…

“Well what did you mean then…?” I asked in a whisper.

“I meant where are we in our re-…?” He began, but I didn’t get to find out the rest because of a pounding on the door.

“Hey, are you guys alright in there? Liam and I keep hearing groaning and stuff like that!” Niall shouted as he continued to pound on the door mercilessly.

“I’m fine!” Harry replied back in a slurred and high-pitched voice.

What the heck is going on with him? Maybe his medicine has weird side effects…? Or maybe he’s just gone crazy.

“No, Niall, Harold is not fine; he had a really bad migraine earlier, but it seems like it’s going away,” I replied as I watched Harry giggling in my arms.

“Hey, guess what Louis,” Harry giggled as he ran his finger all over my nose. It wasn’t like a gentle brushing of my nose though. He was like smashing his finger around; it sort of hurt actually.

“What?” I replied, smacking his hand away.

“I wuv yoooooooou!” He said with a huge grin on his face as he spread his arms wide for a hug.

I looked into his eyes and they were extremely foggy and distant looking. I don’t like what this medicine does to him… But I returned his grin anyway and pulled him into a hug. At least he’s not in pain.

“Hey, what’s going on in there?” Niall demanded as he began banging on the door again.

“Oh sorry, Niall, I forgot you were out there!” I replied as I gently untangled myself from Harry and stood up. I ran over to the door and let Niall in.

He strolled passed me and took a look at Harry, who waved at him with a ridiculous grin plastered on his face.

“What’s wrong with him?” Niall asked as he peered into Harry’s face.

“Hey, get outta my face biatch!” Harry slurred as he attempted to shove Niall away from him.

“I think it’s a side effect of his medicine…” I replied, shrugging.

“Hmm,” Niall replied, turning back towards Harry.

“Vas happenin’ boys?” Zayn asked as he came in through the door that Niall had left wide open.

“Harry’s on drugs,” Niall replied without looking away from Harry.

Zayn looked at Harry. “Will he share with me? It looks like he’s having the time of his life right now,” Zayn said, laughing.