Epilogue

Egg

Haze sat at the kitchen table, the little yellow egg-shaped timer clicking away the seconds.

He looked past it to the 14-year-old, whereas the teen stared at the egg.

"So" The omega began, getting the attention of bright blue eyes. "Anything you want to talk about?" He asked to which he received a sigh along with a quiet shake of the head.

"I'm good" He responded in a low bass voice that still managed to shock Hazel though it had been a few months already since it became permanent. He nodded, not pushing and simply sat there in silence looking over the tall teen, that somehow manage to tower over him, even sitting down.

Minutes later when the timer went off, both the omega and the 14-year-old breath a sigh of relief and relax against the back of their chair.

"This is so stupid" Dawn declared in running a hand through his dirty blond hair as he stood and stretched his arms over his head.

"It's necessary" Hazel told his stepson for what had to be the millionth time since he turned 10. The therapist he went to as a mate with an illegitimate child had recommended doing it regularly. Before the age of ten, it was okay, after, it was stupid.

"I don't think sitting awkwardly for 4 minutes and 59 seconds does anything for our bound" The teen argued.

"Honestly I don't understand it either," The omega admits, not mention how they were supposed to be talking about their feeling. He shrugged, more to himself than anything else. "But it's only once a month." Dawn rolled his eyes, picked up his backpack that sat at the foot of his chair and turned to the cabinet swatching a cookie before turning to exit the kitchen

" Say hi to Kelly for me"Hazel called after him, assuming he would be spending the rest of Saturday with his girlfriend. No way would he be wearing his good jeans to hand out with his friends.

"We broke up, I'm dating Stephany now" The 14-year-old shouted back between a mouth full of double chocolate ships. Hazel raised a brow, 'didn't they just get together 2 months ago?' He wondered.

"What happened?" He asked, still sitting on his seat but turning to face the exit, he could just barely see Dawn reaching the front door.

"Stephany is hotter" He commented, the omega rolled his eyes.

"Careful there honey, I can see the bottom of your personality"

"What?" The teen passed with confusion. Before Hazel could answer a familiar voice did so for him.

"He saying you're shallow" It clarified, bocking Hazel's view of Dawn, whom he was sure mouthed something inaudible before exiting the house.

"Whatever," This new arriver said, having no doubt heard what Hazel had missed.

Where Dawn was tall, still growing and on the lean side. Vince was both tall and wide, his body built with large muscle as well as fat. He was a mountain compared to his stepfather.

"How did it go?" The 17-year-old asked as he made his way to the fridge, pulled out the box of left pizza before moving to the cupboard. Hazel turned back to the table.

"The usual," The omega says, grabbing the egg-shaped timer and resetting it to 6 minutes.

"This is a waste of time," Vince groaned, placing the half-eaten pie into the oven to reheat and set it for 5 minutes.

"I've heard" Hazel smiled, gesturing for him to take a seat. With a heavy sigh, Vince sat. Hazel turned on the timer.

"So," He breathed out after a few seconds of silence. "Anything you want to talk about?" Vince raised a brow.