The Table On The Right

I'm super excited today my ghosts.  Why, it because it's Saturday of course and i have i new chapter.  Do ahead and comment on whatever read (of course), enjoy (please).

..........

"I'm also the person who imprisoned you" The voice was weak, trembling on old tired lips. 

Living in Radix Sub Terra was filled with one of three kinds of people. Those waiting to give life and the old waiting to die.

So he knew first hand that proclamation done by the elderly, no matter how weak and fragile they appeared, was not something one should wave off.  Especially when they accepted that their time in this world was up. Many spent that time righting the wrongs they had committed, others took the opportunity to take their sin of their loved ones to their grave. 

Husband for the good of their wives. Mothers for the good of their daughters and fathers for the good of their sons.

"Sure you did" Hazel responded, not bothering to put in the effort in sounding genuine as he placed the breathing mask over Xavier breathing passages so he may take in oxygen. The former alpha weakly pushed it aside.

"Eight years ago on March 3rd" He took a deep forced breath, refusing the have the mask cover his face as he pushed through. "I had just ended our monthly meeting. Going over the numbers for February and" He took another painful breath, a wheezing sound echoing off the walls along with the words he tried to speak. They came out like a cluster of noises Hazel had to try extra hard to understand.

"Giving out orders for March. My son came to me afterwards. Says he'd found his mate with a grin on his face, i say he can't have one because-"

"Stop!" Hazel cut him off, forcing the mask over his head and securing it. He'd managed somehow to understand what had been said. And it all sounded like an excuse to him.

"What are you hoping to accomplish by taking the fall for him?" He questioned. Eyes searching the gaze of the sickly man. Swatting away the shaky hands that attempted to remove the mask.

"Do I look stupid? what?" He pondered with a bitter laugh. " Poor little omega trapped underground of all these years, if i feed him a petty story about how it wasn't all Zander's fault he'd see hearts and run back into his mates arms? Don't insult me!" He declared, his voice risen above the average just as the door was slammed open and a little boy appeared at the doorway.

"Grandpa!" He called. Hazel turned toward him and paled. 

The eyes were the only thing foreign on his young face. They were light, a gentle blue, like the clear waters of the Caribbean sea. But His skin tone, his hair, even the form of his head. They were all familiar.

"My apologies sir" One of the guards step into sight yet made no attempt to reach for the boy as Hazel stared at the kid and the kid stared back.

"A witch's debt it to one and one alone." He heard Xavier say from behind him and he figured the old alpha had managed to get the mask off . "I met Gelda when i was 16. I doubt she even knows i have a son. " He claimed.

Hazel knew those words. A witch's debt was for one and one alone. It was what Gelda told him when he succeeded in helping in her regeneration. She hadn't thanked him, instead, She said she owed him one and that if he was a smart man he wouldn't die before cashing in, because a once he did the honor of requesting a favor from her would not be passed down to any offspring.

At the time, he'd been sure he would always be in Radix Sub Terra. So he'd laugh it off and told her; ' Who would you have me sleep with? The dying or the bred?'

"I made him give you up" Xavier says, his breath forced, words crack and tone weak. He was in need of oxygen Hazel realized somewhere in the back of his mind. But he was unable to process this as his brain raced.