Time

My ghost, I must apologize. See what had happened was that I got family here with me and more scheduled to visit. Add to that my slight case of "why the fuck can't I get this chapter done right" syndrome (not this story, another) and you'd understand my lapse in time 

Honestly, I had prepared almost everything to have this chapter out on time only to have the day come and go without my knowledge. Very sad really! 

anywho, my ghostly friends, read, vote and comment. 

Day 1 after Zander and Vince's departure.

It was 4:40 in the afternoon, Hazel was supervising Xavier's Physical therapy, the nurse had just introduced the use of lightweights to various exercises.

The omega sat as per usual some distance away. And though he knew that Vince wouldn't be coming today, he still glanced at the door every so often.

It was during the tenth or eleventh time he'd turn his head towards the entrance, half expecting the 7-year-old to bust through the door, that his phone rang.

The sudden sound jolted him, but when he retrieved his phone and looked at the caller ID, he couldn't help but smile.

"Hey" He answered, standing up to move over to the closest window.

"Hi Hazel, where are you?" Vince's voice sounded more childlike over the phone, that paired with the odd questioning was enough to send the omega into a small fit of laughter.

"I'm with your grandfather" He responded. "He's with the nurse right now so you won't be able to talk to him just yet"

"That's okay, I wanted to talk to you." The declaration made Hazel take pause.

"You still there?" Vince's voiced with a hint of worry. Hazel shook his head and smiled though he knew Vince couldn't see it.

"Yeah just... " He trailed, his embarrassment and joy sounding through his words. "What do you want to talk about? How is it over there?"

"It's fine, Dad been really busy." Vince words sounded pouty.

"You bored?" The omega asked and there was a moment where he could hear rustling on the other end of the receiver. The imagine of Vince nodding his head against the phone flashed through Hazel's mind.

"I'm doing homework, can you help me?" The 7-year-old asked. Hazel leaned against the window frame.

"Of course, read me the questions"

"Thank you! Thank you!" Vince cheered and there was another pause in which there was the sound of ruffling pages. "It says..."

Day 4 since Zander and Vince's departure.

Hazel had no idea what time it was, only that it was early when the ringing began, his first instinct was to shut off the alarm, only to find that it wasn't on and that the sound came from his phone that lay charging besides the digital clock.

With barely open sleepy eyes, he brought the device to his face and managed to blink through his sleepy haze to read the Caller ID.

The moment he did, he glances over at the neon orange displayed on the face of the alarm and shot up. All signs of sleep gone as he answered in an urgent tone

"Vince? Are you okay?"

The silence that followed made his worry rise and Hazel was just about to hang up and call Zander when he heard movement on the other line and then.

"I can't sleep!" In a soft familiar tone.

It took the omega a moment to process the words, and soon he'd release a breath he didn't know he was holding and leaned against his headboard.