Wishes

My loyal ghost, I don't feel like talking. Read, vote comment and return!

"I want to give this a try"

Those were the words that left his lips. They weren't the ones he'd planned during his days of decision making, but they were the most true as he stood eyes looked with his mate's dark pair.

Xavier had told him to do what he'd never regret. And Hazel believe even if their mating was to fall apart one day, even if there would come a time when Zander would have to choose, and he'd have to put the pack and son above his mate. He was okay with being second runner-up.

The omega knew he'd be hurt, he'd feel a fool and he'd hate but in his 8 years in the cursed village, he'd never came to regret the time they had spent together. He loathed the way he had thrown himself at Zander's feet, mate or not, alpha or other. But he never questioned the why, never told himself that it was just the bound. 

Because it wasn't!

"Hazel" Zander stood from behind his desk, his voice slightly unsure as if he wasn't certain it was the omega himself standing before him.It made Hazel smile, gave him the courage he lacked to move away from the door, he had simply closed behind his back and enter further into the room. Now he advanced until the only barrier between them was the brown oak desk.

"You said not to say anything I won't be able to repeat in person." Hazel reminded him and offered a small smile." I'm here, I'm saying I don't want things to be the way they are between use. I can't promise I won't run. But if I do," He paused and let out a shaky breath as the heat rose to his cheeks. "I'll want to be caught" He finished, unable to keep his eyes locked with Zanders as he spoke those words.

Yet, he wasn't deaf to the sounds of the office chair rolling back, to the sounds of footsteps approaching, he closed his eyes to better picture Zander rounding the desk. His body turning automatically to face the familiar presence that settled to his right and he flinched as he felt strong and gentle fingers brush his red tainted cheeks. Tracing small circles and then a line down his face that left tiny tingles in their wake. Hazel felt the digits curled around his chin and raise his face so that he would better face his mate. Until he could smell mint and felt Zander's breath fan against his flesh as he spoke.

"Say it again" He demanded, the desperate undertone prying hazel eyes open and they met with dark gaze once again before they glanced down at thin lips.Hazel couldn't help but run his tongue across his own, not because he found them dry again, but because he was suddenly stuck with the memory of how they felt pressed against Zanders.

"I want-" The omega began but the opening of the door followed by a familiar cry cut him off.

"Daddy!" Vince yelled, running into the room but pausing as he notices that his father was not alone. But the moment Hazel head had turned towards the young alpha, blue eyes widened in recognition and he was running again, his direction changed from father to first best friend. Hazel caught him in a hug.

"You're here, I thought I saw you but I wasn't sure and you're here" The little boy cried as he was swung around lightly. His arms nearly choking the life out of the omega who couldn't find it in himself to pull away. And in contrary held the 7-year of tighter. He'd miss the boy greatly.And could only smile as he was forced to take in hundreds of information at a rapid pace.

"Vince, slow down buddy we can't understand a thing" Zander spoke in amusement as he sat back down behind his desk. Vince pouted and then frowned, gesturing to be let down before asking in an almost whispering tone.

"How is grandpa?"

"I've got all the nurses numbers in case anything goes wrong," Hazel says with a gentle smile his gaze moving repeatedly between dark eyes and blue needing to assure them both as he says. "There nothing I can do anymore, it's all up to him" His smile quickly falling when all he got was an understanding nod from the future alpha, not knowing how to make him smile again.