The why

My ghost, I bring you yet another chapter, delivered on time! Yes, yes, that's right, praised me, praised me and enjoy!!!!

When Hazel woke up the next morning it was 9:39, his mouth tasted of old liquor, his head was throwing its own parade and he was spread out in his bed.But most importantly, he was fully dressed.

There was no gap of confusion for Hazel. He had remembered everything even before his eyelids fluttered open.

He heard his drunken voice, slurry and uneven, was forced to listen to Zander's chuckles and his own intoxicated laughs.

It was hunting!

Even if he knew that their night ended when his mate flipped their position, kissed the life out of him, whispered in his ear before pulling away to leave the omega feeling foolish.

The sound of himself wanting it, begging!

He couldn't escape it.

Wither he was brushing his teeth, taking a shower, performing Xavier cleansing, supervising his patient's physical therapy, talking, laughing and helping Vince with his homework.

That night, his voice, the sense of belonging he got from being at Zander's side.

It popped up repeatedly, continuously without a schedule, without warning.

And though sometimes, the bits and piece that flashed through his mind made an undeniable smile grace his lips.

The sour regret, the bitter shame and the acid hot embarrassment that followed was enough to wipe away all joy the reminder brought.

And then he'd remember the curse his mate had placed on him 8 years ago.

"Suffer" He had said. And suffer Hazel did.

By the time the omega's day had ended. He was exhausted yet as he walked down the hall to his provided room, he dreaded shutting his eyes because he knew it would only give him a clearer picture of what had happened the night before.

But when he approached the door, one hand around his room key while the other reach for the knob, he noticed it unlocked when he knew for sure he'd locked it.

Cautiously, he twisted the handle, pushed the entrance opened and came face to face with the last person he wanted to see.

Running was an option. Just taking a few step backs, turning from his room and walking down the hall to...someplace.

But that would only be a temporary fix. And he was done with temporary fixes. So, as Zander stood from Hazel's provided bed and said the familiar sentence:

"We need to talk"

The omega took a deep break and then, a step forward, shutting the door behind himself.

Despite the drama begins, the conversation didn't start until later.

Well, the real conversation didn't.

Before that, just after the omega had silently agreed to talk about that day. His stomach growled, he'd been so stressed and busy but mostly distracted all day that he hadn't' noticed his lack of a meal. Not the mention that earlier, the simple gesture of drinking water sounded like a hurricane at large to his hungover brain. Food was the furthest thing from his mind, which his, at the time, upset stomach had agreed on.

But it was later, about 15 minutes to 7 in the evening. When the headache and nausea had all gone, did his appetite had literally roared back to life.

A sandwich and small talk later, they were both sitting on opposite ends of a wooden table. The air was heavy, and as a shocked, Hazel brought up the conversation first.