Vanessa

So, you've been (at least in my dreams) anxiously waiting for my next update. I hope you enjoy and that It leaves you begging for more. (Don't ruin my fantasies!) 

Vanessa didn't flinch, merely lowered herself back to her seat and lazily looked over the documents she'd been tossed. When she had looked back up, it was with an easy smile and a title of the head. All directed towards the now seated alpha.

"Divorce papers," She concluded in a sweet tone. "You shouldn't have!"

"Just sign it!" Zander ordered with a dry grunt rolling a pen over. Vanessa looked down at the offering as it came to a stop inches to the edge. And then produced one from the purse she held on her lap.

"You really know how make a girl feel right at home." She commented, clicking the tip out and twirling the black pen between her fingers. When he failed to respond, she taped the butt on the desk, looked around for a bit and then asked: "Where is daddy?"

Receiving once again no answer, not even a twitch or a change of expression, she sighed and put ink to paper. Signing her name in neat cursive before putting back the tip and placing the pen back inside her purse.

"Happy?" She demands.

Zander remained silent, calmly reaching across the table to retrieve the contract and look through them.

"You're no fun," Vanessa voiced as he verified that she'd did as she should.

"This is why things never worked out between us." She then added, managing to draw his gaze, earning herself a curious raised of the brow. She smiled, the curve of her painted lips turned upwards with joy and good humor.

"Too soon?" She teased.

The alpha went back to work. This time, his ex-wife waited for him to finish before she spoke again. The words leaving her lips the moment paper touched wood.

"I heard you got your mate," She says. Zander puts both elbows on the desk and knits his fingers.

"I heard you have a kid" He shot back. Vanessa laughed. The sound both familiar and not quite so to the young alpha's ears.

"His name is Dawn." The mother introduced proudly. " Isn't it perfect? Vince and Dawn" She grins at him as Zander tried to remember wither she was ever this happy when speaking of her firstborn. He decided not to give it too much though.

"Aren't you going to ask who the father is?"The question caught the alpha off guard.

"Am I going to get a different answer than the one I'm expecting?" He honestly inquired. As he was curious to why she'd expected such a question to begin with. Dawn wasn't his, of that he was sure.

As cruel and cold as it sounded, Vince was a contract baby, conceived because it was expected of both of them. And the moment that was done, any connection between Vanessa and Zander was platonic at best.

And for what he'd known, she wasn't pregnant when she disappeared.

"Dominique left me" She announced, her words stoic and calm. Too calm, almost rehearsed. She sounded in pain but determined to hide it.

Zander nods.

Vanessa laughs. A few drops of tear leaving her aquatic gaze.

"You could show more choked you know" She claims between chuckles. Her breathing slowly calming.

"Is that why you're back?" Zander asked now that she was quietly wiping the moisture from her eyes with a pink scented tissue. Vanessa blows her nose, somehow managing to make the action seem elegant and graceful.