Gibberish

My ghost, I'm playing on finishing this story in the next few weeks, ( no I won't be cutting corners, my plot is solid!) I wrote a few chapters ahead so I'll simply be defusing them in shorter intervals while I write up the ending. Maybe one of two days apart depending on my progress with the final chapters. Anywho, enjoy, vote and comment! Because it makes me smile.

Hazel stared at the phone, James words, Xaviers words, his own words running through his mind and there was only one person he could talk to. With a deep breath, he reached for his cellular device and for the fifth or sixth time, he held it in his hands.His fingers hovering over the call button, Zander's number long select and ready to be dialed.

It was ridiculous how difficult he found this.

Over the last couple of weeks, they had called each other back and forth, spoke for hours on end. Yet, here he was, unable to press the dial button when it mattered the most. When he had something to say that was worth saying. When he had to face his fear.

He hated how cowardly it sounded. And hatred was a motivator he was familiar with. But by the time he had his cell pressed against the side of his face, listening to the dial tone, it disappeared. Hatred also had a way of leaving him cold, alone and shivering.

"Hazel, hi" Zander's voice sounded through the receiver and echo in his mind. His lips parted but he found himself choked for words.

"Hazel?" The alpha's voiced again, this time worry laced his tone, topped off heavy as he questioned. "You okay?"

'No!' Hazel was prepared to say, he'd shook his head and his nervous breathes were Zander's only indication of his presence on this side of the line.

"Yeah, I'm fine " The omega tasted the lie on his tongue as he suddenly found the strength to speak. "I'm fine," He repeated clearing his throat, mentally going over the conversation he'd spent hours preparing in a matter of seconds. "Do you have a minute?"

"Sure" Zander responded instantly, the worry in his tone further weighing his words. And when Hazel failed to say anything more, it got heavier and sharp. " Did James say something to you?" The alpha accused and that accusation was just what Hazel needed to regain his senses.

"No" He assured Zander who in turn let out a breath that wasn't quite relaxed but a step in that direction. It made the side of Hazel lips twitch in what would be a smile if not for the pressure of what he was about to say.

"I just." The omega paused and tried again. "I thought" Another pause and another attempt following a deep breath. "I wanted to apologize" He was able to say, only, his words sounded empty to his ears. "For what I said that night." He added, trying to fill the void. "About not understanding and the words I said" He finished.

But it didn't feel complete to him. Years and years of so many emotions. It couldn't just among this!28 words said in a matter of seconds and so light they dissipated to nothing the moment after.

"I think we should have this conversation face to face" Zander responded and Hazel pictured it. It was frightening.

He could hardly manage here and now, while their miles away and he could end it with the pressed of a single button. He held power, didn't he? It not all, then some. Yet he felt so defenseless.

The omega shut his eyes and rested against the headboard of his bed. The last time he'd bared his feeling to Zander, face to face as a mate, he was rejected. No matter the reason, no matter what anyone said, no matter what he himself said or wanted.

The fact remains, moving on was only easy in theory!It held too many uncertainties.Why can't things stay the way they are now?

"I don't think I can handle that" He admitted.