Chapter 19

The Wrong One

Vodia’s conviction resounded in her ears as she continued to look at him. Her heart going out to the man who loved her, who had finally told her.

But something told her that she couldn’t tell him what he wanted to hear. She had to trust herself.

Slowly, she lay her head back down onto Vodia’s chest, her upper body moving with each and every breath he took, the fast thumping of his heart sang a lullaby as she felt completely safe.

A small smile graced her lips as her eyes fluttered closed.

She just had to trust herself.

The Wrong One

The next morning, Vodia woke up to find himself still settled snugly under Kayana, but he had to struggle to hold in his laugh, incase he woke her.

At some point throughout the night she had adjusted herself so she was straddling his waist, her arms underneath his shirt and circling his lower waist. Her head was tilted upwards, so as she breathed out, her breath fanned his face and he wrinkled his nose.

But he couldn’t be happier.

Circling his own arms around her, he continued to stare at her beautiful and not proper face. He was glad that she was finally being herself.

He didn’t have time for the doubts that continued to linger on his mind, this was day one of the last three days he would have with her. And he’d be damned if he was going to waste it. He was surely going to give her an experience she’d never forget.

Bracing himself, her securely wrapped an arm around her, and turned, so they both fell on the floor, his body protecting hers from the hard floor. The fall did what he wanted it to do, and she awoke with a start, her hair dancing in a birds nest above her as the longer tendrils brushed his bared chest.

Her eyes flitted around the room and her mouth hung open as her sleepy brain registered that there was no murderer in the house and it was instead the shaking man underneath her.

Slapping her arm on his open chest, she glared at him.

“Vodia! Why’d you do that?” In her state of rage, she hadn’t noticed that she had practically yelled at him. Though it seemed that neither did a laughing Vodia.

Kayana watched Vodia laugh, one of those real, eyes smiling and teeth showing laughs that came from deep within him and she was mesmerised. She knew he was a handsome man, but today she had gotten proof.

Once he had calmed down, she resumed her angry stance again, sitting up and crossing her arms. Vodia pulled his arms back behind his head and stared at her morning face, a smile on his own.

“Well?”

Kayana’s lip had pouted out so deliciously that Vodia couldn’t help but reach up and tap it, grinning all the while.

“Time to get up beautiful.” And with that, he bent his upper body up so that he was directly in front of Kayana, wrapping his arms around her as soon as he saw that she noticed that she was sitting on top of him. He rolled over, so that she was under him, then leant forward and kissed her nose.

“Be ready in half an hour.” And then he was off. A few moments she heard the shower turn on. What was going on with him today?

Standing up, Kayana made her way to the kitchen and getting the tea ready, a habit that was so deeply engrained into her that there was no chance that she would ever give it up.

Soon enough she heard Vodia’s footsteps padding down the hallway and when he came into view, she knew that he was simply teasing her. Why else would he come out looking like he did?