Chapter 14

The Wrong One॥ 

“Come on Kayana.” 

Vodia attempted to drop Kayana on her bed, her limp form hanging in his arms. 
He hadn’t known that she had never had wine, if he had known, he may not have even offered to drink it himself. 

Turning away, Vodia straightened himself out. Kayana lay on the bed turned on her side, still fully clothed. 

After Vodia had gifted Kayana the rose, Kayana had begun to feel slightly sick and light headed, and so Vodia suggested they go home. Nodding a bit too vigorously, Kayana had to turn to the side to return all that she had consumed during their dinner, resulting in Vodia carrying his wife to their room. 

Getting to the room was easy, it was leaving Kayana that was hard. On his seventh attempt Kayana had finally fallen into a deep enough sleep that he had been able to unclasp her hands from around his neck and lay her down. For a small girl, she had a strong grip. 

Chuckling, her carefully took her shoes off, tucking her feet into the bed and pulled the covers over her. 
She looked so sweet, so innocent that Vodia couldn’t control his actions. 

Leaning down, he pushed her hair off her forehead. Looking at her face, Vodia felt a sharp pang in his chest as he realised he would be losing this girl. Closing his eyes, he gave her a feather light kiss on her head, not trusting himself around her delicate skin. Pulling back he abruptly stopped when he felt the tug on his hand. 

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he turned around with a small smile. Gently prying her fingers from his he was surprised to see her eyes, glazed over, looking back at him. 

“Vodia ji, don’t leave.”
Tears glistened in her eyes, unshed they still were as he saw her trying hard to contain them. 

Nodding, he tried to swallow the heavy block in his throat. 

Holding her hand in his, he sat beside her, his hand automatically resorting to rubbing circles on hers. 

“How could my family do this to me Vodia ji? My own father. And my mother let it happen. And Corin, Corin was my best friend, my sister. She did this. She is the reason why,” Kayana reached up with her free hand to furiously wipe at her face. “She started this whole thing. She told my father. 

Vodia reached towards the glass of water on her bedside table, holding it towards her, returning it as Kayana did not even glance at the object. His chest pained as he thought all his Kayana had to go through. 

Not knowing what else to do, Vodia made comforting sound, stroking Kayana’s hair as he heard her breathing get deeper, more even and her grip on his hand slackened. 

Removing himself, he made his way to the kitchen, running his hand through his hair, he slammed his hand against the granite table top. The impact doing nothing but fuelling his anger. 

Although he already knew what her father had done, hearing it again only brought up the anger he had squashed for Kayana’s sake back in Kairya. 

Flipping the switch for the jug, Vodia decided that maybe a cup of tea might help him, though when the rumbling began, the loud sounds consuming the room, he immediately turned it off.

He needed to think. 

Although he know had an address, there was no guarantee that Raian was still there, and what would happen if he wasn’t? 
Leaning his elbows on the counter behind him, he tilted his head to the side, looking for an answer when his eyes settled on his phone laying next to the jug. 

Picking it up, Vodia looked at it, sure he could do something. 
There would be someone, anyone who would still know where Raian was, his new address, or even his number. 
Surely he’d want to be reunited with Kayana. 

Vodia’s eyes widened as an idea struck him, his fingers beginning to tap out a number with practiced ease. 

Vodia tapped his foot lightly on the tiled floor as he waited impatiently for the line to be picked up, a smile gracing his lips as he heard a sleepy hello on the other end. 

“Kallm, I need you to do something for me.”

The Wrong One॥ 

Kayana stepped out of her room the next morning with a pounding headache.

"Goodmorning." Vodia's usually deep and melodic voice seemed to pierce through her head, a soft moan escaped her lips as she tried to hold her head together. 

Vodia chuckled lightly as he handed her a glass of water and two pills. 
Looking questioningly up at him, Kayana cocked her head. 

"Panadol. Have it, It'll help." 

Vodia contained his amusement at Kayana's display. He probably should've asked her if she had ever had alcohol before, but truthfully, last night was the most open she had been in the whole time that he had known her. And he had enjoyed it. 

Though there was a price to pay. 

He felt slightly guilty as he watched her wince as the cold water travelled down her throat, feeling guiltier as one of her hands rested on her stomach and the other massaged her head. Taking a step forward, Vodia led her to the dining table, pressing lightly on her shoulder infront of the chair then moving to stand behind her. He carefully removed her hand from her head and pressed his fingers lightly to her temples. 

Rotating his fingers gently, he felt Kayana relax into the seat, her eyes fluttering closed as her shoulders dropped and she leaned further back, her usually strict posture faltering slightly as she let out a sigh. 

No words were spoken between the two as Vodia gently coerced Kayana’s headache away, his fingers working magic against the pain, causing Kayana to think, what else was he good at?

Sitting up abruptly, Kayana’s cheeks blushed red as she suddenly felt too hot, her head spinning precariously from the sudden movement. She moaned, placing one hand on her stomach and leaning forward on her knees. 

“Kayana?” Vodia softly called her name, staying behind her.

Kayana’s eyes widened as she felt the bile rise up her throat and she ran towards the sink. 
Leaning over the cool side, Kayana emptied her stomach from the dinner from last night, noticing at the back of her mind that Vodia had pulled her hair back and was rubbing smooth circles on her back. 

Allowing herself to fall gently to the floor, Kayana pressed her flushed face against the cool sink cabinet and closed her eyes. 

She felt the air change next to her, and the next thing she knew, she was leaning on Vodia’s shoulder. 
Protesting lightly, she tried to lift her head up, whatever she had, she didn’t want him catching but his arm around her shoulder halted her movement and Kayana was just too tired to fight against him. 

“Shh, it’ll pass.” Vodia whispered, his voice close to Kayana’s ear. 

She shivered as she felt his breath move down her neck, caressing her oversensitive skin. 

She felt Vodia lean away, his question making her grumble as she continued to lean against him. 
“Are you cold?” 

Kayana felt Vodia’s chest rumble slightly as she continued falling against him. 

“I’m right here sweetheart.” He spoke, kissing her forehead lightly. 

Kayana was exhausted, too tired to find the inappropriateness in the situation, instead revelling in the warmth Vodia gave off as she was tucked under his arm. 

A safe feeling eneveloped her as she realised she was sitting on the floor of an apartment kitchen with Vodia’s arms wrapped around her. 

For once, Kayana wasn’t afraid to not have to act strong. 

Tears began to flow, slowly at first, out of her clenched eyes. The nauseous feeling from before nearly all but gone as the dinner left her system. All she was left feeling like now was useless. 

She couldn’t keep her dinner down, how could she keep anything else? 

She was grateful when Vodia didn’t say anything, but even more so when he simply tightened his hold on her and let her cry onto his chest. 

She knew there would be questions to ask later and decisions she’d have to make, but for now she was content in knowing that there was someone who would finally look after her.  

The Wrong One॥ 

Also, do leave a comment telling me what you would do in Vodia's situation?
Could you do what he's doing? 

Anyway, Hugs! 
Shay.