Chapter 10

The Wrong One॥ 

Kayana never thought that her marriage would end like this. 

With her new husband taking her to find her first love. 

"Kayana, are you ready?" Vodia questioned, one arm pulling a bag behind him as he came to a stop next to his wife. 

Wearing a silver shirt tucked into his navy blue khakis, Vodia had his sleeves rolled to just after his elbows. His ever present watch ticked quietly on his left wrist as he looked intently at Kayana, waiting for an answer. 

Pulling her glittering scarf over her head, Kayana simply nodded and stood up from the seat she had been occupying. 

Vodia extended his hand slightly, gesturing that Kayana should go first, to which Kayana's light footsteps answered. 

Walking through the main airport of Kairya, Kayana couldn't help but be amazed. Sure, she had been to an airport before, mainly to pick up visiting family, with her father, which meant no wandering. 
But now, now she was free, to wander. 

Her eyes surveyed the area around her, the tiles beneath her feet seemed too shiny, the extra stores seemed more special, even the white walls seemed whiter than usual. 

Glancing up, Kayana was in awe of how the ceiling was so high. Probably for the aeroplanes she thought. 

Looking to her left, she noticed a man standing with a guitar, simply playing. His eyes closed as his fingers strummed a quiet melody, his foot tapping along to an imaginary beat. 

Looking to her other side, inside a store, she saw a child standing with his father, reaching up for a candy bar as the father paid for the alcohol he was buying. Seeing his son reaching for the sweet, he smiled gently at his son, lifting the bar and placing it with the other things he was buying and leant back down to ruffle the childs hair. 

Kayana smiled at the sight, thinking of the love that child would be getting from his father. Which made her think of the mother. Where was she? Her eyes scanned the rest of the store and saw a small lady, petite, with a baby held in her arms, looking at the father and son pair fondly. 

Once the man had walked out, she rejoined him, and the happy family proceeded towards the gates to where she presumed the plane they were boarding were. 

Staring after them, Kayana let the small smile light up her face. When she had children, she'd make sure they were loved, that they wanted for nothing. 

Turning back around to look for Vodia, she noticed him in the same store, buying another two candy bars. Her eyebrows knitted in confusion as he paid. 

He continued out of  the store, walking right past Kayana, pulling his trolley bag behind him, looking every bit the comfortable business man. 

But what Kayana saw next made her heart swell.

Standing to the side of the store was another boy, about the same age as the one she had previously seen with their father, though this one seemed years younger due to his thinner frame.  

Ashamedly Kayana realised that she hadn't even noticed him. 

Vodia kneeled infront of him, producing both of the bars he purchased, placing them in the boys hand, one in each tiny palm. Kayana watched as the childs eyes sparkled with unshed tears as he launched himself towards the big bad business man. His scrawny arms going around the larger mans neck. 

People continued to walk past, oblivious to what was going on as Vodia hugged the little boy back, much to Kayana's surprise, but, Kayana amended, he didn't seem to be like the guy she thought he would be.  

Rummaging in his pocket, he took out a few coins, placing them in the boys pockets, before standing up and ruffling the boys hair. 

Turning around Vodia spotted Kayana watching him. Shrugging slightly, he made his way towards her, the curiosity in her eyes making them sparkle.  

Opening his mouth to ask her what if she was ready, he was cut off by a loud feminine voice heard throughout the whole airport. 

"Passenegers boarding the 412 to Balu, please proceed to your gate now. Boarding has begun." 

Smiling slightly at her widened eyes, he nodded towards the way they were to go. 

"Shall we?"

And suddenly they were enveloped in a hurry of people all marching towards the gate they were supposedly meant to be proceeding towards. Although the area had been crowded before, the sudden appearance of so many individuals had Kayana stunned.

Kayana was jolted to the side as an arm pushed their way past her. Another body came around her right and pushed her further away from where she was standing. 

Turning around Kayana tried to move, to atleast get out of the stampede of people, but all she could do was stand still, and hope the random jabs of limbs would somehow push her back to where she needed to be. 

"Vodia ji," Her voice came out as a whisper in the thick throng of people. 

So many people Kayana had never been alone in a amidst of so many people at once, even when she came with her father, she was never alone. 

Looking around frantically, she tried to catch a glimpse of Vodia, anything to know he was still here. 
Unwilling to admit it, but Vodia was the only one she had left, until they found Raian. 

One last shove left Kayana pushed out of the large group of people and into an unfamiliar store.

Glancing around, she noticed it was a store selling alcohol. Scrunching her nose up, Kayana pulled her arms around herself, feeling very much alone. 

Being alone, Kayana's mind began to think of all the times Corin told her she would always be there for her. Always with her.  
The girl she called her sister was the very one who betrayed her trust.

And all those times she felt safe in Raian's arms, knowing this was right, even though it was wrong in every other sense, those times he surprised her with little notes given to Corin, even when she use to get scared for their future, he'd always reassured her. Always made her feel at ease.

All these moments seemed to be a life time away. 

Rubbing her hands up and down her arms Kayana tried to calm the sudden urge to cry. She couldn't do that. She was a wife now, albeit she didn't know how long for, she still had to keep up her pretence. Because that's what this was for her. A Pretence. 

Vodia would help her find Raian, and he would leave. Just like that. 

_-_-_-

"We're going to Balu."

Kayana's eyes widened
 as Vodia's words registered in her mind. Balu?

"Ji Vodia Ji? Balu?"

She was confused, Vodia could see that, and so he knelt infront of her once again, reaching his thumb under her eye, gently wiping a rogue tear away.

"Yes, you are my wife. But no wife of mine will remain unhappy. Stand up Kayana. We're going to Balu." 

And with that, not trusting himself in her innocent presence anymore, he left the room, leaving her to pack her things. 

Kayana couldn't believe her ears. They were going to Balu! And, from the way Vodia spoke, to see Raian!

A large smile decorated her face as she quickly hopped up, running after her husband. 

Wrapping her smaller arms around him, she leaned her head between his shoulder blades.
 She felt him slightly stiffen, before his hand came to rest where hers met. 

"Thank you, Vodia ji." 

Pulling back, Kayana smiled shyly up at this man she was seeing with fresh eyes, and turned away, a light hop back in her step. Hope.

_-_-_-

Arriving at the airport, all Vodia had to do was change their flight. They were booked for their honeymoon to Pierha, another neighbouring country to Kairya, and with Vodia's business associates, their flight was changed in a hurry. 

Anything for the great Vodia Lakin. 

Vodia. 

The man she had been forced to marry, for her parents benefit. 
The man she thought would be the same as every other male in Kairya that she had seen, apart from her Raian. 
The man who was not as he seemed. 

From his hard exterior, Kayana would've thought her initial thoughts about him were correct, but seeing him today, with the child, and the morning, with his comfortability in helping her find her Raian, Kayana realised, that Vodia was not who he showed everyone. 

This man was risking his reputation in helping her. 

Tears sprung to her eyes as she realised she had already judged Vodia. The only person willing to make her happy, at the cost of his own happiness. 

A hand grasped her elbow, and Kayana let out a small squeal as she turned around to face the very person she had been thinking about. 

"Where did you disappear to?" He asked, concerned. 

All Kayana could do was stare at the depths of his eyes, the only part of him that showed her the truth. 

Shaking her head, she slowly explained how she had been pushed into this store, and simply stayed put. 

"You're okay now Kayana, come. It's time to board." 

Without realising it, Kayana had begun to walk closer to Vodia, to keep from being enveloped in the still moving masses of people. 

The crowd seemed to part for Vodia, and Kayana could finally see, first hand, the respect this man commanded. 

Men from each side waved to him, some tipped their heads in respect, whereas a small smile played on Vodia's lips as he acknowledged everyone.   Handing their tickets to the woman dressed in black and white, the stewardess, as Vodia explained, they were finally inside the large capsule that would be taking her to meet her Raian. 

"Here. Let me."

Once seated, Vodia, being the gentleman, gave Kayana the window seat and proceeded to buckle her seatbelt for her. Nervously, Kayana watched as his hands did not even bump in to her at any point as he helped her settle. 

Once he finished, Kayana looked to her left, out her window. She looked out at the wings of the aeroplane and wondered how they were going to flap to keep this large bird in the air. 

As the plane began moving forward, Kayana began to get more worried, the wings hadn't even flapped once. Turning in her seat slightly, she tapped Vodia on the shoulder lightly. 

"Vodia ji?"

"Kayana?" He whispered back, putting his phone back in his pocket, the screen completely black. 

"Why haven't the wings flapped yet?"

Letting out a light chuckle, ending with a smirk, Vodia leaned slightly over her and pointed out the window. 

"Those wings?"

Kayana nodded in response. 

"Kayana, those wings don't flap. The plane does not move by flapping. It contains an engine, just like cars." He lightly explained, without moving away. 

Kayana nodded slowly, watching him before leaning back. 

She didn't mind. 

She was going to see Raian. 

Finally.

The Wrong One॥ 

What's everyones thoughts so far? 
What do you think is going to happen ? :). 

Also, I'm writing much more now, and I should have halfway of this story done within the week, so if you're waiting for uploads, remember to let me know that you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it ! :D

Hugs, Shay.