Chapter 1

The Wrong One

'You're amazing Kayana.' Raian's silky voice had spoken to her, and Kayana blushed, ducking her head under his intense gaze.

'Don't hide your beautiful face from me, I've waited so long to finally call you mine,'

Looking back up, Kayana saw Raian's handsome face closing in on her, his deep blue eyes staring into her hazel pools.

'I love you Kayana, always have, always will.'

The closer Raian got to Kayana, the more his image began to flutter and fade, signalling that it was time to wake up. A sign that Kayana had grudgingly gotten used to.

Lying in her double bed with her sky blue duvet crumpled all around her, she smiled. Kayana's shoulder length brown hair flowed around her head in a dark halo, and her hazel eyes stared dreamily around the room, watching the glitters of light kiss her nightmares away.

Yawning, she sat up in her bed, her white singlet sticking to her upper half as she stretched, loosening her tightened muscles after being in one position for so long. Her eyes fluttered closed as she remembered her dream. Raian.

Flinging back the covers on her bed, Kayana gingerly placed her feet on the wooden floors, testing the temperature, before standing up to her full height. Glancing out the window, she could see the sun light bathing everything in a summery hue and knew that today would be one of the warmer days.  

Draping her sunset violet robe around her shoulders, Kayana proceeded to pad toward her ensuite bathroom, the black and white tiles causing Kayana to emit a small gasp of surprise as her heated body made contact. Quickly recovering, she made her way to her basin, looking into the mirror above the tap.

Her sleepy eyes made contact as she gazed about the rest of her face. Her lips slightly open, from the thoughts of the dream, her cheeks had a light pink tone covering them as her brown hair stuck up in different directions.

Shaking her head, Kayana began to disrobe, turning on the shower and jumping in.

These dreams had become a frequent occurrence. They say that dreams are the subconscious thoughts of your mind. The thoughts that you are too afraid to think of. But Kayana wasn't afraid of kissing Raian. Only Raian. 

Kayana sighed. Knowing she couldn't ever kiss him, and even if she did, it would be the equivalent of handing her hand to him in marriage. As much as she fancied Raian in her life, find your own partner was not something that was looked upon favourably. Sometimes, Kayana hated the traditions of Kairya, but then she would quickly chastise herself, this was her life, her mothers life, even her mothers' mothers life! And she wouldn't be the one to disappoint, or to shame her father.

Sighing, she dried herself off, her earlier happy mood washed away with the drowsiness of the morning. Kayana rubbed her hair dry as she made her way to her closet, her clothes already hanging off the hooks on the walls, a ritual her mother had taught her.  

Dressing in a pink singlet and a long orange skirt, she finished off her outfit with a white, glittery scarf wrapped lightly around her head. The covering, though not mandatory was a sign of respect for the men in Kairya. A tradition that every woman obeyed.

A light knock on the door startled Kayana from her thoughts, and a soft "Kayana?" met her ears.

Grinning Kayana opened the door, her eyes falling on the petite figure that is Corin. Kayana's hazel eyes met Corin's blue sapphires and both girls giggled before Kayana lightly tugged on Corin's hand, pulling her inside her room, hastily closing the door behind her.

"Corin!" Kayana whisper-shouted, hugging her best friend. Ofcourse, Kayana didn't want to be too loud, as that wouldn't be very lady-like, and Kayana was a lady.

"Hi Kayana," Corin grinned back. 

Like Kayana, Corin also had shoulder length hair, though hers a sun kissed blonde colour, her height matched Kayanas as her sapphire eyes danced in mirth. Corin's full blown smile met Kayana after a second and she stepped back.

"So, guess what?" Corin questioned, but before giving Kayana a chance to answer, she spoke again. "Raian wants to meet you, so hurry up and get ready" She said, while smiling cheekily.

Kayana's face heated up. "Really?" Memories of her dream came back and Kayana hoped that Corin couldn't see the guilty expression on her face.

"Really, now hurry." Corin remarked, before dancing out of Kayana's room.

"You could have at least helped me make my bed!" Kayana whispered after her.

Shaking her head, she walked swiftly over to her bed, and began pulling on the duvet, brushing her hands along the top, straightening out all the wrinkles. Why did Corin come over to tell her? Why couldn't she text her like every other day? She knew how risky it was. Picking up the pillows, Kayana was still deep in thought. She didn't need her parents finding out about herself and Raian. It would shame them! To have their daughter blantantly disrespect them like that. But she couldn't help herself. She knew he was the one. The one for her. 

They'd understand, she decided, though a part of her argued. They most likely won't. They may disown you. They may ban you from seeing him. They'll be disappointed. But they love me, she argued back. They wouldn't. Would they?

Another light knock jarred her, and she saw Corin's blonde hair swaying slightly as she came to a stop. 

"That Pillows been fluffed enough Kayana, time to go now." She said, smiling lightly.

Looking down, Kayana realised that she had been pounding the pillow in her hand. Smiling sheepishly, she set the pillow against the rest, and placed her soft lion above it.

They'd understand.

The Wrong One॥