Chapter 15

The Wrong One

Vodia’s phone ringing jarred him from his oddly comfortable nap on the kitchen floor. 
Glancing apologetically at Kayana’s form still leaning against him, he lifted her head gently, reaching past her for his phone. 

Not even bothering to look at the caller, he answered the call, repositioning himself back in his rightful place as he spoke. 

“Hello?” His voice ladled with sleep, but it was honestly one of the best rests he’d had in days. With Kayana in his arms. 

“Bhaiya, I’m on my way to meet with Corin right now.”

Vodia nodded, his sight still set on Kayana’s sleeping form. 

“Alright. Did you find out anything else?” 

Vodia could hear Kallm rustling some papers on the other end of the line, as well as a horn sounding a slight squeal of tires as Kallm let out a string of curses. 
Vodia raised his eyebrows as he heard his younger brother briefly tell someone to get new glasses. 

“Yes, sorry. Some people,” His voice got louder and Vodia assumed he had turned away from the phone when he spoke again, “Need to learn how to drive!”
Returning back to the phone, Vodia could hear the change in his brother’s voice and knew it must be something useful he found out. 

“Raian apparently left the Balu Sand a week after he joined. That would be about 3 weeks now. I’ve also got an address from the Balu Sands secretary, whom I must say was quite pleasant to speak to-“

“Kallm, focus.” Vodia chastised.

“Sorry, Sorry. I’m assuming you already have this information, as she specifically asked if I was related to the, and I quote, ‘yummy tall, dark and handsome man who came in earlier’. I also managed to get a hold of Corin’s address, seems like she’s living somewhere in Balu, hopefully somewhere close to Raian.”

Vodia nodded appreciatively at the facts that his brother had acquired, his mind know working despite only being asleep ten minutes earlier. 

“And I’ll go check on the address we were given for Raian.”

He heard Kallm grunt in agreement before he spoke again. 
“Bhaiya, are you sure you want to do this? I’ve seen the way you look at her, you’ve never looked at another woman like that. Do you want to lose her?”

“Goodbye Kallm.” 
Not giving him a chance to reply, Vodia ended the call and settled back next to Kayana, closing his eyes as he leant back giving her more room across his chest. 

He felt her fingers drawing circles where her head had previously been and he opened an eye to see her watching him. 

Her cheeks flushed red as she quickly tried to remove her hand, but he held it there, still watching her. 

“Good morning.” A lazy grin split his face as he noticed she was just as beautiful after waking up as she was any other time. 

“Good morning Vodia ji. Would you like some tea?” Kayana made a move to get up, but Vodia was still holding onto her hand as well as his arm was still around her shoulders.

“How about we just stay here for a little bit, shall we?” 

Kayana knew that wasn’t really a question up to debate, so she silently nodded, leaning her head back on his shoulder unknowingly. 

Vodia’s eyes gleamed in triumph as he realised she had leaned onto him without any encouragement. 

Releasing her hand, he used it to run his fingers through his hair. His Kayana was upset last night, much more upset than he had seen her and he wanted answers. He knew he’d be the one to disturb the peace they had now, but he wanted to help her. 

“Kayana.” He whispered, the thought that if he spoke too loud the noise would shatter what little comfort ability they finally had with one another. 

“Hmm?” Another smile lit up Vodia’s face as he noticed she wasn’t being proper. She was finally letting go. 

“What happened last night sweetheart?” Keeping his arm tight around her, Vodia dropped his free hand to hers, and began rubbing circles on the palm, keeping his eyes straight ahead. 

Her voice came out shaky, “I don’t know what you’re talking about Vodia ji.” 

And the propriety was back.

Vodia sighed, making a move to disentangle himself from her. If she wasn’t going to tell him, he would not force her.

But the extra weight on his arm stopped his from making any movements. 

He turned, looking at her with his eyes wide. 
She was looking downwards but sure enough she had grabbed his arm. 

Sitting back down, slightly away from her, Vodia simply looked at her, his body craving the soft warmth she had given it moments before. 

As if she was thinking the same thing, Kayana shifted slowly towards him so they were seated in their earlier arrangement. 

Vodia’s heart soared. 

“I feel betrayed Vodia. My parents didn’t want me, they chose to marry me off,” Vodia winced at this, but didn’t say anything, letting her continue. “Corin would rather have seen me unhappy than with her brother, and Raian.” She swallowed, more from the habit that his name would cause her pain than the actual hurt itself. “Raian didn’t even try to contact me again. I wasn’t expecting a knight on a white horse, but I just wanted to be worth it. I thought he loved me.”

Vodia’s jaw locked and he sat still, his arm still around Kayana as she blinked rapidly, trying not to let the tears pooled in her eyes escape. 

Sliding his arm from around her, he stood up. Turning back to look at her, he didn’t miss the look of betrayal, the same look she had when they had first married flash in her eyes. The stupid girl thought he was leaving her. 

Growling lightly in his throat, Vodia extended his hand to his wife on the floor, pulling her up effortlessly when she placed her delicate hand in his. 

Giving a gentle tug, Kayana fell against the hard expanse of his body, his arm, secure around her waist, pinned her against him. Her own palms settled against his chest.

“Vodia, what-“

“Kayana,” His thumb grazed her bottom lip as she tried to speak, the calloused skin rubbed against her softness, making her legs feel jelly-like. She was sure she would’ve fallen if Vodia hadn’t tightened his arm around her. “You are more than worth it.” 

What happened next Kayana could only describe as eye opening. 

Vodia’s lips descended upon hers, and with a feeling she would later realised was anticipation, she waited for the contact. 

She moaned quietly as she felt the delicateness of the kiss, shocked that a man like Vodia could display such softness. But then again, wasn’t he surprising her with every other aspect of himself? 
Her arms snaked around his neck as he leaned forward, forcing Kayana to arch into him, though she wasn’t complaining. 

Vodia wasn’t pushing the kiss to go farther, his only intent was to show her what she meant to him, but when she had looked up at him with those glassy hazel eyes, he had been lost. He already knew, but now he was willing to say it to himself. He was in love with Kayana. 

Trying to lean away, Vodia was taken aback by Kayana pushing forward, not letting the kiss end just yet. A glimmer of hope made it’s way into Vodia’s mind, which he roughly pushed out. He would not force her to stay with him. 

Pulling away again, he leaned his forehead on hers, her eyes still closed as they both panted slightly. 
He could see her mouth red and swollen from his kisses, her cheeks flushed with what had transpired, and he was sure he looked exactly like that. 

“That was…” Kayana began, but was cut off by Vodia. 

“Nothing.” 

He disentangled himself from her, and stepped away, grabbing his phone off the counter and stuffing it into his pocket, making sure he had the address with him. 

“I’ll be back soon.” Turning away, he picked up his coat jacket from the coat rack barely glancing at Kayana and walked out, shutting the door quietly behind him. 

If he had looked back, he would’ve seen Kayana standing there, still dazed from his kisses, though one emotion clear in her eyes. 

Realisation. 

Kayana realised that she had just kissed another man. The man who was her husband. A man who was not Raian. A man she did not feel guilty for kissing. A man, whom while she was wrapped around, had chased all thoughts of any other male from her mind. 

A man who was The Wrong One. 

The Wrong One

 Hiii everyone ! :D. 
I'd just like to thank everyone who's still here and following my story :D. 
The bit at the end was just for you ;).

Those of you who are really good at making banners, I would really appreciate it if you could make one for me :D. 

Remember to Vote/Comment and tell me what you think about the chapter ! :D. 

Constructive criticism is always welcome :). 

Hugs, Shay.