Chapter 18

Johnathan's POV:  I didn't want to leave Ander behind, with so many other werewolves, even if it was only going to take a minute, then Ander smiled at me and whispered to me," I'm sure it must be important, if he rushed all the way over to tell you, as soon as we got here. I'll be right here..Just hurry back, o-ok?" I nodded then let Damien drag me to where ever he wanted. I know that Damien and Malissa have been going out for a while now, so it was no surprise to me that she was already there. Malissa said," We have some exciting news and we wanted you to be the first person to hear." Damien then continued," Malissa and I are a mated couple! We received Luna's blessing, and look!" They then showed me their tattoos, matching ones with a crescent moon. Malissa said," The moon goddess then gave us these as a sign of her blessing, I'm just glad it's on our hands. Now we know that every time we hold hands that Luna welcomes us. But enough about us, how have you been?! It's such a surprise to see you so soon." I said, enthusiastically," Congrats, you two, I always knew you two would be soulmates." Then my tone turned back to neutral as I said," I've been fine, great even, the Dark Coven just attacked though, so it's put a bit of a downer on everything...Well, I better head back." Damien said," I'll come with you, I'm sure Malissa would love to meet your friend." Malissa nodded and said," Lead the way, oh mighty Alpha.." She snickered as she said this, I rolled my eyes and lead the way. When we got back into the main area, and I saw that Ander and Elliot together, I said, in a Alpha tone," Step away.." Elliot was so close to Ander, he was touching my Ander, he was... My vision turned red, the next thing I knew, Elliot was on the ground, curled up in a ball, while Ander was a little bit behind me, whispering calming words to me.  My vision returned to normal. I asked," What happened?" Ander said," Well, One minute, Elliot was telling me some concerning things..then you came with glowing yellow eyes, and all of a sudden, Elliot was on the ground as if someone had hit him, then you came over to me, whimpering, then I tried calming you down. Are you ok?" I nodded and said," Sorry about that, don't know what came over me." Ander smiled at me and said," I'm kind of glad, you came, he was scaring me, with what he was talking about." I said," Your welcome, come on, guys, let's go." Elliot's friends rushed to help him up. When I looked over at him, Elliot was back on the ground as his wolf whimpered and he showed his neck. I realized that my wolf had demanded respect from Elliot's wolf, whatever Elliot was doing, my wolf saw it as a challenge. I took a deep breath then went over to Elliot and said," You can get up, just don't try that again, okay?" Elliot nodded as I helped him up. I turned away from Elliot, wondering what he was trying to do, then turned to Ander, who frowned at me. Then Ander smiled and said nothing as he dragged me away from the other werewolves. Ander said, after we went into my room," Do you know him? That Elliot guy?" I nodded and said," More or less..we've been rivals for as long as I can remember. " Ander said," He was going on about some weird things.." We laid down and cuddled on the couch, while we had this conversation, I sighed and said," Like what?" Ander said," You have to answer, my question first." I nodded and said," Ok." Ander got out of my embrace and climbed on top of me as he said," Why did you do that? It was unusual behavior, to say the least. Damien said that your wolf was out..what does that mean?" I sighed and said," Well...you know in order to be a werewolf, one must be able to shapeshift into a wolf, right?" He nodded, so I continued," There have been many books that have wolves as our personal guide through life, and though they do not talk to us, they have our best interest in mind..We can usually feel each others' emotions, and our wolf is a manifestation of these emotions, when one has too many, it can cause the wolf to take over, to solve what's causing these emotions. Say someone challenged me, but wasn't direct about it..then my wolf would feel as though it's authority was threatened. Of course, since I have Alpha blood, these things can happen. It's why I was acting so strange, it wasn't actually me controlling my actions, it was my wolf. A werewolves' wolf is the more beastly side of us, the more primal side of us. It usually goes off of eat, sleep, run, hunt, and repeat. If those needs are not met then we get an adrenaline boost from our wolf in order to get these things." Ander said," So what did he mean by mark?" I choked on my own spit, as I coughed and said," W-what??" Ander sat next to me, having been worried about my coughing, and said," Elliot said something about me not being 'claimed' and that he wondered what you'd think if he 'marked ' me..What does it mean?" Ander donning my mark...I shook my head, as I ignored my decent sized problem and changed the subject," We never did finish with that tour, hu?" 

Ander's POV: I whined, stretching out the O, " John.." He sighed and said," Ok, ok..Remember when we confessed our love to one another?" I blushed, how could I forget that day, it was one of the best days I've had. Johnathan chuckled and said," Usually it is a thing among werewolves where we mark what's ours. Sort of like a primal instinct, you know how dogs always pee to claim their turf, well, it's kind of like that, except we, um..sort of..bite..our partner....during..intercourse." I blushed, as I started getting out of the bed, Johnathan said, as he put his hands in the air, " Of course, there's another way! I wasn't insinuating that we did anything." Maybe I should have just left it, I sat back down, and said," What's the o-other way?" He said, easily, " Oh, that's scent marking.." I questioned," Scent marking? That doesn't sound that bad.." He chuckled and said," We both have to be naked, and rubbing up against each other.." I blushed and said," Oh.." Johnathan pinched my cheek and said," You're so cute.. <3" I'm probably a tomato now.. my cheeks were burning from the heat..He really knows how to time his complements to get me to blush..

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Author's Note: This conversation is probably the most cringe I've ever experienced with writing...maybe it's because I'm asexual and just can't handle that type of talk...probably..