Chapter 12

Ander's POV: When I woke up, I was awaken by the children. For a second, I thought that perhaps I just had a terrible nightmare, but then I looked around and saw where I was sleeping, in one of the vacant kid beds, and realized it was real. I hugged them all, then said, sternly," Don't ever do that again! I was so worried, I almost had a panic attack! You should know not to go into the woods or anywhere, without telling me." I looked at the closest one, they didn't look to have any injuries or any signs of dehydration.  I said," Come, give me a hug." They did what I said, and apologized for going out into the forest. I said," Just try not to next time, ok? I'm just glad you're all save." I finally realized that Johnathan was looking at me, the whole time, and went over and hugged him after letting go of the children. I whispered," Thank you, f-for finding t-them..Even though you k-know you d-didn't have to." Johnathan wrapped his arms around me and smiled at me as he said," No problem." I thought, maybe now was the time to tell him? But before I could process the thought, Al came in and squealed," My Ship!?! You two look so cute." I blushed and just hid under his chin. He chuckled, yet didn't let go of me. I was the one that separated us as I heard a knock on the door. I saw a casually dressed lady, and man in the entrance of the orphanage doorway. I smiled and said," May I help you?" The lady said," We're two of the guards that found the children and we were wondering if we maybe able to have some of them.? My husband and I have been in the guard for a while now, as I am now 30 and he a 35 year old, we had wanted to have children at the age of 20, but were unable to. I was wondering if you'd allow people from the Dark Coven to have children here." i smiled and said," Of course, right this way!" I took them into Nicole's office and told them about the paperwork invovled in getting a child, the requirements to have one or more children, and finally put them through the ultimate test before they even went to get the paperwork. I said," Would you like to see them?" The lady nodded, excitedly, while the man had a friendly smile on his face and said," Let's go! Should we knock on the door? They must be getting tired of this routine, by now." I smiled and said," Children, living room, please?" They hollered," Ok!" I picked up the toddler Riles while Diyan stayed glued to my side. If I could adopt two kids, I'd adopt these two. I basically raised them when they were babies. I saw the ladies eyes light up as she looked at Luka, and Mike, seeing the love and compassion in both of their eyes, made me know that they would be good parents for them. I talked to Mike and Luka alone, saying my goodbyes to them. I always ended up crying silently every time I had to say goodbye to another orphan. It was a happy cry, but also a sad cry. I was never really good with saying goodbye to these children. Luka said," You think they're the people to one day be parents to us?" I nodded and said," I believe they'll be the best parents, I can tell." Mike said," You'll always be here if we need anything right?" I smiled and said," Of, course! What are older brothers for?" Nicole was like a mother to me, and all the orphanage kids were raised to think of each other as brothers and sisters, it did not matter that it wasn't blood, to us it was. Nicole gave up her status for this place, and I hope to see her soon, she's suppose to be here, next week. They wanted to get to know the children first before signing any papers, which I liked. Usually people who did the paperwork first, before even trying to get to know the kid, was a workaholic, and those types of people can neglect their children sometimes. When we stepped into Nicole's office, I said," Ok, now the paperwork, the most boring part." Johnathan went into the room, finally making himself known to the two guests, as he said," Sorry to interrupt. " The lady and the man got out of their seats, and said, with a slight bow," Your highness." I couldn't stand up for having a sleepy Riles on my lap. He was avoiding Stacy, right now. One of the children who didn't like me. Johnathan took Riles from my lap getting an immediate ," No!" from Riles. He reached out to me with a frown on his face. Johnathan said," You can go back to your 'mommy,' after I get you ready for bed." Riles frowned, slightly confused. The lady said," So, is there anything we need to know about the children? Do they have some type of allergy?" I chuckled and said," All their information is on their papers, I need you two to sign, here and here and here. If you have any problems, just let me or Nicole know." The man questioned," Who's Nicole?" I said," She's the manager of this orphanage, here's a picture of her." When that was done, I hit Johnathan lightly, as an Outcast I could not possibly hurt him. I said," You can't be confusing Riles, all of the children here will be adopted, and then it'll be just me and Nicole, like it was in the beginning." He asked," Then why don't you adopt them." I said, sadly," I can't, your father made it a rule that since I am a caretaker, I can not adopt any of them. No matter what..Riles, Diyan, and all the other children will get adopted.. I just have to hope that it's the right home." I cried silently, I always did when I had to think about Riles, or Diyan having parents, or not being able to see any of the children. But it's a rule, I must follow, besides, every bird leaves the nest. The nest was the orphanage house and the birds were the children.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Author's Note: Re-read this to see if it makes since later on... Had to re-do about half of this from accidentally deleted it..

Edit: Re-read...Makes sense to me..at least xD