Chapter 6

Johnathan's POV: Ander turned towards me yet didn't say anything. I looked around the room to notice that it was spotless, now I know Ander sometimes cleans rooms, but not usually to this extent...I said," How long have you been in here cleaning?" Ander looked at the clock and said," About 2 hours?"  I said, concerned," Why have you been in here for that long? Is something troubling you?" Ander looked at me, questionably, before he asked," Do..do I look like a-a monster?" My eyes widened in surprise, What made him get that idea? I said," No, you don't look like a monster...You're beautiful." Ander blushed and said," Yeah, I guess I was just being silly.." I said," So who called you that?" Ander, probably forgetting what I did when we were childhood friends said," Well..I was going to give you cookies and then..Lilian asked what was in the tray, of course I told her they were cookies and that Al wanted me to bring them over..She said that you shouldn't have to look at someone as m-monstrous looking...as me." I saw a tear escape to his cheek, but he gently erased it with his sleeve. Seeing the anger in my eyes, Ander said," John? Are you ok? Hay, I'm fine.. Don't do something you'll regret.." Ander was holding onto my arm, and he did call me John.. like he used to.  I sighed and said," Don't worry, Ander. I won't." I thought back to when we were younger, when something similar to this happened..It was like a weekly event.

A six year old Ander was hiccuping as he cried silently on the ground, I noticed him and ran over there. Being a seven year old me, I said," Ander, What's wrong?" Ander looked up at me, I didn't like seeing him upset, he said, through his crying," T..those guys,they *sniffle* called me a..a goblin..I-i'm n-not green..." Well, back then, I was more open of who was my friends and who wasn't, so I had went up to the guys and had a confrontation with them..let's just say they ended up with black eyes, swollen lips and a broken arm, maybe a broken leg. I didn't know at the time that it wasn't appropriate to do that. My conscious just told me, to show 'em who's boss! so I fought them, that's when mother had started telling me about wolves, in a subtle way of course, until I was twelve. Looking back, they're were 4 guys against me, so I should have lost, but I was fighting for a good cause and don't regret my discussion, though I still had to apologize. I felt bad at the time, but those guys kind of got karma handed to them. Anyway, after getting back to the situation, I was going to have to have a word with Lilian about lying. I'm not going to fight her, that was seven year old me, though I really did want to punch her, I knew that I just had to take that frustration out in gym. I said, before I left," Ander?" Ander turned to me and said," Yes?" I smiled and said," You make the best cookies." Ander blushed yet a small smile appeared on his face, then I walked away to the gym. I didn't want to forget about Lilian,her lying,and her upsetting Ander. If I looked at his smiling face for too long, I knew I wouldn't be able to remember why I was mad.

Ander's POV: I was still blushing as Johnathan left. I never really got directly complemented on my cooking, it was nice..this feeling of..being appreciated? I didn't really know, but I think that was it...maybe something else. I left Al's room, as I heard the little bell sound, I went over to it, to find out that it had turned night and that it was time to add the lanterns. We added them last to put them in the perfect places. After we were done with that, the festivities began, for most people at least. A lot of people from both clan's were talking to each other, the Dark Prince seemed to be next to Zu'l, who like all the other guards was standing guard, yet around the area.

Zu'l was trying to persuade the Dark Prince to socialize, it seemed to work because when I turned around in there direction I noticed that the Dark Prince wasn't next to..well, I noticed that neither of them were over there. They were talking to Johnathan. I was just standing there, until I noticed Riley, a guard that talks to me usually, he was just as bored as I was. I went over and said," Hi Riley." Riley looked over and said," Hi Outcast, Tonight's just one of those nights isn't it? Nothing for guards, or social outcasts to do, but stand around." Riley sighed as he looked over the area. He didn't really like being a guard, he loved the training and the magical practices, but hated standing around and doing nothing. It was torture for him. Though I didn't like standing around and doing nothing, I did like observing what everyone was doing. Figuring out their personalities a bit, but I didn't want to eavesdrop on them. 

Johnathan's POV: I didn't talk to Lilian no matter how many times she tried to get my attention, I would talk to her after the festivities, until then I was ignoring her. Al seemed to notice and wanted to know what I had planned, so I told him what happened, he had a right to know as my brother and Ander's best friend. After I finished explaining what happened, Nigel went over to us. We only talked a couple of times during the first few days.  Nigel said," Hello Johnathan, Alexander." Al said," Hi Nigel, how are you today? Everyone seems to be enjoying the festivities, have you seen anyone that you could be in a relationship with? Or has it been hard to spot the trustworthy people?" Nigel said," I already have found my trustworthy people. I'm talking to some of them now." I smiled and said," Well, It's getting late. I'm going to head to my room, come get me if they start getting out of hand." Al said,"Wow, it's almost 12:00. Guess all that dancing really sure makes time go by, I'm gonna go hit the hay,too. Night Nigel. Night John." After we bed each other goodnight, I departed to my room.