Chapter 19

Epilogue:

"Mum, where's daddy?" My oldest daughter Sammy asked me, Sammy had moved to America with Aaron as he was offered a great job that they couldn't turn down, she had been there when Sammy was born it had been that day that I found out that they would be moving and it helped me choose my name for my first child. Saying that she was ecstatic would have been an understatement.

"Daddy is in the garden with Marley and Timothy." Marley and Carlson had become the best of friends, so Sammy ran down to the little path and jumped on her daddy and her Uncle Marley, Marley's son Timothy and Sammy seemed to have a massive crush on one another at the age of six, which I  believe can last a while, Autumn and Marley were still together happily married; Carlson and I had gotten married first as Sammy being my maid of honour and Autumn being one of the bridesmaids, she had told me that she didn't want to be maid of honour as she hadn't been around in my life long enough to rightfully take that position over Sammy I had subtly agreed slightly thankful that I wouldn't have to ruin Sammy's dream of being my maid of honour, in return I was hers and we were both Autumns, I know not usual but it was what she wanted and we were more than happy to take on the role together as we had done so many things together over the years.

It had been ten years since the day that Carlson had admitted his love to me, we had spent every waking moment together he even moved in with us and when it was time for him to propose it was the most beautiful event that anyone could ask for and we even had pictures. Carlson had arranged a candle lit dinner on the beach, just us and the sunset to keep us company or that had been what I thought until Carlson had given me the pictures and videos of that night. It was one to remember that was for sure, my mum had loved the little tape that she had set up without Carlson's permission but he was more than happy when he found out that had done it.

My mum went crazy organising and buying everything for the wedding, it had been planned for five years as it was the first thing that she had done when she heard that we were back together, it had all gone swimmingly leaving my mum in dears and my dad trying to console her the entire night until they had to retire to the hotel because my mum wasn't stopping the flood of emotions that she wore on her sleeves, we later found out that she was pregnant again which we were all happy with as she was so sad that all of her babies were leaving home because Autumn had already moved out the year before and her wedding was to take place only months after my own.

We were the perfect happy family and I couldn’t ask for more, apart from the living being in me to grow healthily and live just as perfect of a life as we had, Sammy was so excited about her new baby brother or sister she kept going on about it to Timothy one day we actually saw Timmy shut her up with a kiss to her lips, we were so shocked but we were all in awe at such young love that we didn't even interrupt them no matter how much I wanted to tease my daughter for the way her cheeks had flushed red when she had kissed him back and then told him she loved him.

I had told Sammy everything that had happened to Carlson and I, she had said it was the perfect love story for us, which was true. There is no perfect love story, only your own for you to treasure and hold dear to you. I knew that though my life was a simple one, though there had only been a few mistakes only few misjudgements there are others out there who have suffered worse, those that have turned to suicide or other things because they can't handle it.

"Hello my love, what are you thinking about?" Carlson wondered up to me while we watched Marley and the kids play tag, it was funny and cute to watch though I could see the frown lines on Marley's face as he worried about Autumn who was having her first check up for her own baby.

"Just our life, the past and the current, how perfect it was no matter the mistakes that we made, how perfect our life is now and how I wouldn't change it for the world." Carlson leaned down planting a soft kiss on my lips before rubbing circles on my belly, a small kick made his hand shoot off and a look of joy cross his face as he realised what had happened, Carlson had gone crazy with the house that we had bought when he realised that I was expecting children, he had raced around buying cots, paints, toys, the whole lot so that our kids would love the world that they were raced in and so that they would be happy.

It was a life well lived, full of many mistakes and choices that have made us who we are today, nothing would make me change that for the world I would never want a life any different to the one that I have now, I love my husband and my kids with all of my heart. Growing up makes you realise that no matter what happens, there is a reason behind it, it makes you who you are and forms the best person that you can be. So just keep trying, no matter what happens don't give up, life is worth living no matter how much pain you think you're in. Just keep going. Life will be worth it.