Chapter 16

Carlson's POV

I did not just do that, please tell me that I did not just do that, I refused to leave her side no matter how mad at me this Marley guy was he had explained to me that his girlfriend was Summer's sister which made me feel one hundred times worse she had told me the truth and I was too blind to see it. I really need to get over my pride and just take it in my stride, I'm such an idiot.

We took her back to her house and laid her on the bed, well Marley did while I just trailed behind like a lost puppy, I wasn't slowly falling in love with her, I was already in love with her and she didn't even realise it. I guess that was why I was trying to push her away, there wasn't a chance in the world that she would cheat on me after the first day especially as I was only her first kiss, and how couldn't I have seen that before I went on a mini rampage.

I was trying really hard not to cry in front of Marley but every time I looked at Summer a new wave of sadness hit me, I really hope that she can forgive me for this, I hated Marley he had taken Summer away from me but I knew it wasn't his fault I just needed someone to blame.

"I am going to go and get some ice, are you going to hit her again?" Marley growled it at me, I shied away from him not wanting to let my anger rise at him but shook my head at the same time he seemed happy enough with that and left the room, I took Summer's hand in my own I gave it a light kiss before letting the tears fall, I wiped them away quickly as soon as I heard Marley's footsteps coming up the stairs but I'm sure if I looked at him he would know.

"Hold this to her face; I should have taken the hit. It was me that pushed you." Marley let out a little sigh, I could tell that he was feeling almost as bad as I did but he couldn't as he wasn't the one who actually did this he couldn't beat himself up over hurting the one girl that he loved, his phone rang, I caught a glimpse of his face lighting up there's the girl he loves. 

"Hey Autumn baby you okay?" Autumn..? That's slightly weird, Summer must have met Autumn by now seeing as they were all together at the club by what Marley had been saying when Summer was in her arms and slowly drifting in and out of consciousness, 'ARGH' I screamed at myself in my head, how could I do this to her? My love...

Marley left the room laughing at something that Autumn was saying, he popped his head in about five minutes later saying something like 'I'm going to go and get Autumn my GIRLFRIEND.' He put a lot of emphasis on the word girlfriend, I was slowly starting to get there but I couldn't help but feel as though someone had taken my place, whether it be him or someone else she wasn't ugly enough not to get some attention, she was absolutely beautiful like an angel, my own little angel. Not that she is anymore; she was someone else's now unless I could win her back which I doubt would happen.

I looked at her face once more looking at the gentle look she had on her face, he lips curved in a slight smile while her cheeks were slightly red though on one side there was one ugly bruise that had already turned purple and blue, I looked away from it as quickly as I could the pain quickly stabbing me in the chest from what I was capable of, I didn't deserve her maybe if there was someone else it would be a lot better. Her eyes flutter open as I thought about losing her, I knew it was selfish of me but I couldn't let her become someone else's she was mine and I was going to keep it that way, I would try in every way that I could to win her back.

"Hey beautiful" I murmured as her eyes focused on my face, I had a small but pained smile on my face wondering if she would remember what happened, even if she didn't I would tell her the truth what was the point in lying to her about anything, it wouldn't start a healthy friendship even if that wasn't what I wanted I knew it was the start.

"What happened?" Her voice was slightly rough, groggy from being unconscious but it was still cute and sweet, like an angel as I had said before. "My face hurts." She complained afterwards causing me to let out a low, soft chuckle.

"I punched you because you stepped in the way of Marley, I'm really sorry." As I spoke it dawned on her had happened, she glared at me slightly but not enough to look as though she was mad at me, she laughed slightly at me. "You idiot" I nodded, it was completely true, how was she so okay with this? I guess it was the, forgive and forget personality that she had, everything about her was just so perfect.

I love her. I am more in love with her than anything else in the world, I already knew that I loved her but I hadn't known to what extent now that I knew I had to tell her, there wasn't anything that would stop me from telling her, she had a right to know just as I had a right to tell her, she was going to be mine for sure. I would marry her and we would have kids together, that's what love is right? Doing everything together, your dreams, fantasies everything. 

"I-" That's when someone stopped me, this guy came running in I didn't even pay attention to what he looked like I just watched him run up to Summer hugging her and asking her numerous times if she was okay, in that instant I was out of there quicker than you could say 'run' or even 'I love you.'

So maybe something could stop me...