Chapter 10

Summer's POV

Carlson was home ill today and so was I, he would have come over but his mum had him under house arrest which I would have been on too had my mum not gone on a business trip at the last minute this morning, she was calling in to say that she was having the day off when an emergency meeting happened in her world of clothing, isn't that great? I didn't mind though, I prefer being alone when I feel ill and by midday I was feeling better, which if my mum knew I would have been back to school before I could even finish my sentence, no one was home today or tonight as dad had gone with mum and Aaron was staying the night with Sammy as her dad was coming home tomorrow. He had been badly hurt making him unable to work in Afghanistan anymore so he had been offered a job in an office which had a much higher pay, I was glad that he was okay and I would probably pay them a visit at sometime this week but I was letting them have their family time first. 

There was a knock on the door; I wonder why anyone would be knocking on the door? Carlson had just text me saying that he was making lunch with his mum complaining about him having to cook, though he had told me that he wouldn't be eating my mum's cooking for a while at which I had to reassure him that she wasn't usually that bad of a cook not that he believed me. I opened the door to see a guy standing there, he was really good looking almost as much so as Carlson but not quite; he had sandy blonde hair with green eyes, though they weren't as intense as Carlson's they did have a sparkle about them that made them intriguing.

"Hello?" I wasn't sure what to say, it wasn't an everyday occurrence that some random good looking guy arrives at my door. He started laughing, I don't mean a gentle laugh I mean a full blown laugh that ended in him snorting and blushing a bright red. I raised my eyebrow at him waiting for him to respond, when he didn't I began to shut the door in his face but a foot stopped that from happening.

"My friends," He stopped to laugh again but stopped as soon as I glared at him, "They dared me to pick a random door bell, they said there are fifteen houses on this street and one of them is a beautiful girl. They were right." I looked around trying to see his friends but they must have run off, I was trying to ignore the blush that had arisen to my own cheeks by trying to catch his lie but I could tell that he wasn't, I would have been able to get some sort of restraining order if he had been lying because there were no people here.

I couldn't quite get over the fact that a good looking guy was stood in front of my house, the only thought that was on my mind right now was Carlson I kept thinking how I wished Carlson was here instead. "Well I'm Marley; would you like to get acquainted with me while we take a stroll around the mall?" He was funny I can give him that but I wasn't sure about taking him up on his offer, I had nothing else to do though and it might actually turn out to be something fun and I might even gain a new friend out of it. Oh what the heck, what have I got to lose?

We jumped into my car as his friends had left him behind, they apparently did that a lot but Marley didn't quite get the hint quite yet he was frustrated with himself for falling for it again but he was happy that he had managed to meet a beautiful girl out of it, of course I blushed when he told me that. I felt bad but I had told Carlson about him he wasn't too happy about it but he wasn't fussed, I had just told him that I had met someone new and his name was Marley. 

"I'm from the poor kids high school, my parents are pretty rich but I don't want anything to do with them if we become close friends you'll find out more, I am single ish there is this girl that I have my eye on," He gave a suggestive eyebrow wiggle at that, I just rolled my eyes at him and he carried on, "I play basketball, go to parties a lot and have a little sister called Sky." He had a genuine smile on his face as he gave me a brief description about himself, though I would have to find out more about his personality to know if I could really trust him I liked the fact that we were in my car rather than his because it meant that he wasn't trying to kidnap me or anything like that. "How about you..?" He didn't try guessing what I was like instead he waited patiently for me to reply, which I gladly did.

"I party a fair bit, normally with my best friend Sammy who is going out with my older brother Aaron, I also play basketball though only for fun, I'm sixteen turning seventeen soon and I go to the rich kids school." He told me that I was a real Barbie to which I frowned at, I was nothing like the Barbie’s at school but I didn't retaliate not wanting to have to kick him out of the car plus he might have been joking I don't know him well enough to judge that yet. 

It didn't take long to get there as the mall was almost right next to the school though you couldn't see the school from the mall or the other way around, before I knew what was happening my door had been opened, my seatbelt unclicked and I was over someone’s shoulder, someone who had a very nice backside. "I could say the same about yours." I said that out loud, well at least I know whose arms I'm in now.

"Would you put me down Marley?" I could feel his head shake against my hip so I started punching his back; he carried me until we got to the front of the mall and then put me down, not so sneakily stealing my car keys saying something about driving us back. God I hope I haven't done something stupid.