Chapter 4

Summer's POV

Hell no! Carlson was sat in my seat at our table, I looked over at Sammy at she just smiled at me, she was in cahoots with this lovely, gorgeous guy. I sighed with a small smile on my face, quickly trying to snap myself out of it as he told me that it was his new seat.

"Please go away; I'm sorry I called you." I used the sweetest overlaying tone that I knew how to do, I really wasn't in the mood to deal with him and his posse if that's what he was aiming to do, though none of his other friends were at the table, in fact the popular table was looking over here as if I was an alien to their world. Which I probably was, I had enough money to be in the school but not enough money to be given ever vantage point in this school like every child whose parents had given money to this school had.

"Do you not like me? You are the one that called me after all." His voice was smug while he held a smirk on his face, I huffed slightly I told him it was an accident and sat across from him rather than carrying on the conversation, I was tired and hungry I wasn't used to get up that early and eating this late on in the day, normally I ate whenever I was hungry which was usually around twelve and it was currently half one, I also had to get up at seven when I usually wake up at eight. An hour really does mess with your sleepy patterns.

"I'm sorry to bother you, life being perfect is exhausting, and so would you mind me joining you?" I raised my eyebrow at him as his clear message at saying I wasn't perfect so I was sure to pick him up on that.

"Oh sweetie, I'm more perfect than you and your posse will ever be." I winked at him, sarcastically of course but I still felt my palms getting sweaty and my face heating up as I realised what I bold mood I just made, Sammy's face confirmed that due to her mouth being wide open. I love sticking my foot in my mouth.

"Such a pretty face for someone so bitter," He looked at me with a serious face before turning to look at Sammy, "Can I have Summer's number? It was conveniently blocked when she called me." Don't do it Sammy! I screamed in my head, I had blocked my number in case it was someone that wanted to kidnap me or even kill me, I wasn't going to give them my position by allowing them to track my phone! Sammy immediately got her phone out and gave it to Carlson after clicking on four which brought up my number on speed dial, perfect, though four was my favourite number I hadn't even realised that I was on her speed dial.

"Sammy, why..?" I whined, he could now harass me, well unless I got a new number, she smiled at me clearly pleased with what she had done, definitely picking up the role of being love doctor.

"A guy wants your number and you are rejecting that, accept that someone outside of us wants your number." She winked at me, we didn't really talk to anyone else other than the two of us, normally people were more than willing to give away secrets that we had told them to get them higher in the hierarchy of the school which is probably why Sammy and I are so close to the bottom. "We will be at your party on Friday." Sammy tilted her hip in her flirtatious stance while she flirted with him.

"Well then we best make this a party to remember." He started to walk away throwing a wave and a wink back at me, "I'm sure we'll have a wild time." I frowned at the smirk that was across his face, he walked away throwing off a confident aura, you didn't even have to know who it was to see that he was popular, just the way he walked looked as if he should be in a film getting one of the hottest women that you've ever seen, though they always had the help of makeup to make them look that much better.

"I really, really, really hate you right now." Once he had returned to his popular posse he started to be bombarded with questions probably to do with why he had been over one, I turned to Sammy full on glaring at her no sense of teasing about it, she had a guilty look on her face knowing that I had figured out that she had spoken with Carlson and told him where we sat and which was my seat.

"You really are bitter, though you love me really." She had a smirk on her face and I was beginning to wonder if everyone was plagued with smirking today, I think I'm possibly the only one that hadn't had a smirk on their face today!

I got back to eating my lunch when yet again we were blessed with the presence of Carlson, just great and just to make matters better Sammy made up the excuse that she had to go to the library because I definitely believed that.

"Your best friend told me that you believe I am one sexy beast, so that implies that you'd like to date me?" He was being so cocky that it actually put me off of him a little, I never did like a cocky attitude.

"I understand how you're single; I believe that is her opinion on you, not mine." He laughed at me which I did too to be fair, though my laugh was in my head.

"I believe it's your opinion to." He kept this up until I finally gave in giving him a 'fine' he took it, smugness clouding his voice and body posture, he stood up slightly puffing his body out.

Oh dear.