Chapter 18

Summer's POV

"Oh you poor thing, he did that to you? Come in." Lauren was being weird, she was actually caring something she never was especially not to me, she brought me into the kitchen and grabbed some makeup I looked at her with confusion clear amongst my body language and facial features but she hushed me and got to work. After the ten minutes that she had attacked my face she brought a mirror up to my face, I had to admit she was better with makeup on other people than she was with herself there was a small line of eyeliner that flicked at the corner of my eye, she had used foundation and concealer, trying to hide the mark on my face and put a pale pink lip-gloss on my lips and a bunch of other things that I wouldn't be able to name if I tried. "Go get him." She smiled at me, not a grimace or a sneering sarcastic and smug smile but a normal, gentle smile one that made her look ten times prettier.

"Why are you helping?" She began pushing me up the stairs with a giddy expression crossing her face, if she hadn't helped to hide the mark I would have expected to be pushed into some mud or to walk in on Carlson and a new girl or something but it wasn't that sort of giddiness it was one of happiness and excitement.

"Because you came back even when he did something so drastic, he's been waiting for a guy like you and I want him to be happy. He's like a brother to me after all, I just hadn't realised that until today, I met this guy called Jay and he's so nice, so honest." So that's where Jay went, well that doesn't explain why she was angry to see me when I got here but that's okay I finally felt presentable for this conversation to Carlson. "He also told me how he felt about you." What? How did he feel about me? Was it bad? What? No I can't do this, I've no idea what I'm walking into or rather being pushed into.

That was it, I was in the room with him, he was sat with a beer in his hand staring at the computer screen in front of him which was blank not a single thing on it not even a light to say that it was on.

"Carlson?" I whispered, I didn't think that he would hear me because then I would have been able to walk out and not find anything out that I didn't want to know or I couldn't handle knowing.

"Summer, Are you okay how's your face?" He's so cute, immediately caring how I am no matter how he was feeling, he was putting me first something I had always wanted from a guy.

"I'm fine, what were you going to say to me before you snuck out of the room?" His eyes widened slightly in surprise not soon after being masked with a blank expression, shaking his head slightly he answered my question.

"It was nothing." With the worst answer imaginable, well thank you Carlson I came all the way here for a 'nothing'.

"Tell me." His cheeks flushed slightly thinking back to what it was, so maybe this was a good thing maybe he felt a good way about me, he might even feel the same way as I did about him.

"Iloveyou," I heard every word he said no matter how quickly he pushed it out of his mouth, he was in love with me just like I was head over heels in love with him.

"Say again." I acted as though I hadn't heard him making his cheeks flush a little pinker; I wanted him to be clear and to be sure about it before I shocked him with words of my own.

"I am head over heels in love with you Summer, ever since the day that you called me I was intrigued even if I wouldn't admit it to myself, the first time I saw you I fell your looks and then when we started to get to know each other I fell for your personality, there isn't a part of you that I don't love. Please come back to me." He was crying at the end of his little speech, I ran over to him sitting on his lap, I pushed all of my force into kissing him.

"I love you too." 

We spent the rest of the day mucking around, watching movies, we made cakes for his parents when they got back and then we had dinner round his. When I got home my mum asked me what was happening, I told her that we were back together and I swear I have never seen my mum so happy without my dad around, she was screaming jumping up and down and already spouting rubbish about the wedding. Once again my dad entered at the time and just went 'You guys are back together' not needing anything else but his wife’s excitement and happiness, he laughed planting a kiss on mum's cheek. I want to be as happy as they are, I don't want to be in a loveless marriage, and maybe this will last. 

The next day at school I sat with Carlson at the table, Autumn and Marley now went here and were sat with us, Sammy also joined us though she wasn't sure about it to start with but her and Lauren were hitting it off by talking about Danny and Jay, who I found out had left the house and gone straight to the mall and bumped into Lauren who had been crying after finding out about Carlson being in love with me. She was mad at me because I had made her 'brother' cry and made her realise that she wasn't in love with him, that she didn't want him she just liked the attention that she got from him.