Chapter 1

Summer's POV

"Come on Summer; are you too chicken to even make a phone call?" I rolled my eyes as Sammy my best friend, they had found this random number on the street and wanted to find out who it belonged to just because it so happened to be in front of my house. They kept calling it destiny, because of course a piece of paper can't just land in front of your house because of the wind. Even if it was meant to be there I didn't really fancy giving my number away to a rapist or stalker, I was perfectly fine with my life I don't need any more excitement.

I am Summer White sixteen with long blonde hair that reaches the middle of my back, I have a heart shaped face that I hate covering with makeup not that I never wore makeup it just always brought spots to my face, I was an average student at school getting B's and A's and I definitely wasn't a part of the popular group in fact I believe I'm more of an outcast than most of the nerds, there's this one nerd that talks to himself and refuses to talk to others even if you say hi he just ignores you and walks on, he's always in his own little world, not that I blame him sometimes I wished that I would just be independent but no I have to go along with my friends stupid plans.

"Why is a phone call more interesting than the party that's going on downstairs?" My parents were out for dinner, then they were going to stay in a hotel room so had told my brother that he could have a party as long as everything would be tidied by one in the afternoon tomorrow. My brother was the typical older brother, wanted nothing to do with me until I was in danger or something, he barely spoke to me in school as he was in an older year and didn't want me to ruin his popularity or something stupid, I didn't care I ignored him as much as he ignored me but I was always allowed to go to his party's mainly because I didn't drink.

"Just dial or I will prank you when you pass out or fall asleep, you and I both know that you can't stay up past one in the morning." She gave me a wink remembering what happened the last time she had stayed round, which was only a week ago actually, she had drawn a moustache, a beard and a mono-brow on my face that hadn't come off for a week but the difference was that we hadn't started school last week, our first day of this school year started tomorrow. So I reluctantly dialled the number.

"Hello? It's Carlson here." Oh god no, I knew this voice, it was the voice of my crush in fact he wasn't just a crush he was my enemy since we had been children, he absolutely hated me because I was never into being a popular moron, I never wanted to kiss him and things like that. Everyone always told me that he had a crush on me but I doubt he even remembers me, since we started high school I've kept out of his way and admired him from afar. How much of a stalker do I sound like now? I don't even know why I liked him, not after everything like him ignoring me, him watching while the snobs of the year put me down. Then again I'm prettier than they will ever be, so I just smiled and nodded at them which of course drove them crazy. "Hello?"

I was brought back to reality by his voice, god it was like an angels, oh shut up Summer it's just because he's hot and popular. "Uhm yeh hello, this is Summer. Crap. Wrong number..." My eyes were wide in horror while Sammy just stays there laughing at me like this was the most hilarious thing in the world, I was absolutely mortified! That's when I realised something, it was Sammy. 

"Oh... It's okay, goodbye then." I couldn't make out the emotion that filled his voice, it wasn't happy or angry for that matter but before he hung up the phone I heard the whiney female voice in the back ground, her voice made my skin crawl, "Baby, come back to be." Typical of him to go after Lauren the slut of the school, I rolled my eyes and hung up on him before he had the chance to do the same to me.

That's when I tackled Sammy, screaming at her with a warrior cry, "It was you! You put that piece of paper there, how did you get his number?" She laughed, pushing me off of her so that she could lean over clutching her stomach at how funny she was finding this. She knew that I had a little thing for him, so of course she would do this. She never even answered me she just sauntered out of the room with her dangerously low dress clinging to her rear end, sometimes she just went a little overboard with her dress sense. She was wearing a navy blue sparkly dress that clung to every curve of her body; it didn't show much off at the front but the back of course, she loved to show off her best asset.

I can't believe that tomorrow I was going to have to face the Greek god of school, he had pitch black head that flopped into his eyes, green piercing eyes with a muscular body to top it all off. But there always has to be something that ruins perfection and it just so happened to be his personality, he was the biggest number one jerk that I had ever met.

Tomorrow I was going to have to start my year as a junior looking out at every corner in case I bumped into the heavenly Carlson, was I scared? No. Excited? For a chase, always!