Chapter 7

Summer's POV

I ran out of the room as quickly as I could, she had been on her knees I don't even want to know what I almost witnessed, Carlson had come running after me but I was already in my car and on my way home. I had gotten home with tears streaming down my face, I don't know why but today was when I realised that I had slowly been falling for Carlson over the time that we had been spending together. I need to stop recalling that night.

I walked through the hallways on my own as Sammy was suffering at my house from my brother’s party; she'd slept in my room but had snuck into Aaron's when she woke up. Lessons passed by really slowly, I was in Maths texting Carlson who I hadn't seen all day, he wouldn't tell me where I was but he had explained the whole situation between him and Lauren, it calmed me down about the whole situation allowing me to realise how much time I truly liked to spend with him. We had spent Sunday together after Carlson had been really persistent with trying to meet me and explain it to me, I don't see why he was so determined, it's not like we were in a relationship together. It was really cute though, he had this small blush on his cheeks while he was trying to tell me.

I really had to stop thinking about the weekend, even with Carlson's explanation I wasn't sure whether I believed it or not and it was really annoying me because I kept switching between the two things, the first being what I thought I had almost witnessed and the other being Carlson's explanation. I wanted to believe Carlson but I couldn't wrap my head around the whole thing, he wouldn't talk to me about the past with Lauren so it made me really suspicious.

When lunch arrived I quickly grabbed my lunch and took my seat, alone, at our usual table, Carlson wasn't here today which kind of sucked because everyone kept turning and looking at me because I was on my own. I heard someone calling my name, so I stood up looking for the source; suddenly I was bombarded with arms around me, "Summer! Hey darling', I've been looking for you!" She was squealing, why was she squealing? My poor ears, "I have something that you are going to L.O.V.E." Why did she insist on this?

I tensed, moving to get out before she did something though I was too late; a pile of noodles and tomato sauce slapped my face that was the most cliché thing. She was mocking me, laughing about me messing with 'her man' or something, "Hey Lauren, don't you think this looks so much better on you?" I hugged her while moving the stray noodles from my head onto hers wiping my face of the tomato sauce and splatting it onto her face. She shrieked the tears started falling down my cheeks as she complained about her favourite top.

Everyone around us was laughing, probably because no one had ever thrown it back at her; I called her cliché and walked out of the cafeteria. I went to the bathroom to wipe off the food from my face when Sammy walked in, "Sammy what are you doing here?" She looked awkward but told me that Carlson had called her to bring some clothes to school; she had immediately driven to the school and headed to the bathroom. 

"You should say sorry to her." She was quiet but I still heard it, freezing in the process. "You don't want her on your case; it could have been an accident..." She trailed off I grabbed the clothes from her and stormed into the stall, I couldn't believe that she had just said that! I heard the bathroom door open and figured that she had left, I am so mad at her right now, she wasn't even there! I walked back out to the cafeteria going to get my bag that I had left by the table with my lunch, when I got to the door I heard yelling. 

"Hey Miss. What's your name? Wanna be Barbie. What was that about?" She was shaking in rage, some of that I believe was aimed at her, Lauren shrieked about me stealing her boyfriend. I didn't think that they had ever gone out? But maybe he was hiding that from everyone, I mean he wasn't here today so maybe he had something to do with this, I shouldn't be so fast at jumping the gun.

"I don't see your name on him?" Sammy asked it as a question to which Lauren had no answer, Sammy gave her a smirk before turning to me and muttering a sarcastic "You're welcome." Well isn't that just great. I looked at her with a knowing smile which she gladly returned then we went to leave the cafeteria, of course Lauren couldn't keep her trap shut so shot back a stupid reply.

"Slut, you better stay away from my man." I looked at Sammy while she looked at me, then at the same time we opened our mouths and yelled back, "Hey slut, what man?" Her mouth dropped open, tears beginning to form in her eyes once again; she never could take what she gave out. The whole cafeteria was in hysterics so Sammy and I walked out with our heads held high.

What I hadn't expected was to hear Carlson's voice behind me, "I don't want you, and never have so back off. Please." His voice was exasperated but calm, Sammy and I were laughing so hard behind us we saw Lauren escaping the cafeteria with her followers. I hand filled mine so I stopped but Sammy carried on walking I tried to follow but this hand on my wrist was stronger than me. "You okay?" It was Carlson; he actually cared how I was? I felt myself melt ever so slightly, into his arm, I nodded in reply not wanting to talk, he moved his hand to below my chin lifting it up to face him I smiled but then his lips met mine, it wasn't just a soft light kiss it was a full kiss and we were only stood in front of the entire cafeteria, though there was a door in the way.