Chapter 11: Atlantis

"I'm here...? But how? I didn't go to sleep." You said aloud, scanning the area. "Maybe I'm unconscious again." You thought to yourself which would be the only explanation. "Wait. If I'm here then--" you whipped around to see Roxas standing completely still with his back to you.

Flashbacks of the recent battle with Riku replayed in your mind. Finding out that Riku is on the dark side, turning him into a different person entirely. He was so aggressive, the way he almost forced a kiss on you...

"Riku...I didn't really believe that you felt that way about me. I immediately assumed that it was a joke..." You thought to yourself then shook your head as you gazed at Roxas back. "But then you came to save me..." You held your breath and made your way towards the boy standing in front of him.

"Um...hey.....!" You greeted when suddenly Roxas slumped forward, resting his body against yours. You automatically wrapped your arms around his torso with your head pressed against his shoulder.

You could feel your heart beating fast, making your face heat up.

"H-hey! Are you ok?!" You began to panic.

"Sorry...give me a minute to regain my strength...since I used a bit of it to save you." He sounded tired and exhausted, but his words for some reason made you so happy.

"So it wasn't a dream...He really was there. He saved me." You smiled to yourself.

"Thank you...Roxas." You said.

"No problem...but you should know that I was coming no matter what. He was gonna kiss you." Roxas pouted over your shoulder. "And after we made a promise that you would save your lips for me..." He sounded like a disappointed child.

You giggled at how childish this boy sounded, but it made your heart soften.

"Roxas...the mystery boy who appears in my dreams...Even though he for some reason feels so real...like now. This boy who I've known ever since day 1 of our little adventure, has helped me become who I am today. He made me strong...He made me believe in myself and my friends. Every time something were to happen to me he would be there to make sure I'm okay, with those sad deep blue eyes that I wish would never look at me like that...I hate that I'm the cause of him looking like his heart was broken...I don't want him to feel like that with me anymore. I want to be the one to put a smile on his face and make his beautiful eyes shine...I want..." You slowly closed your eyes and spoke the words that will change your life.

"Ok." You spoke. And by the way Roxas slightly picked up his head from your shoulder.

"Huh?" His voice was making you feel light.

"You have my permission...to...kiss me..." You finally let out the words with no going back.

Roxas didn't say a word as he pulled his head back a little so he could see your blushing face. The tip of his nose brushed against yours, feeling his hot breath on your lips. You closed your eyes as you felt Roxas face leaning closer and closer until you felt his bangs lightly tickle your forehead, while he slowly wrapped his arms around your waist. You squeezed his coat as soft and warm lips pressed up against yours, the tension feels gentle and tender.

Nothing else in the world mattered anymore. Being there in Roxas arms felt right...like you were meant to be there. You were quite surprised that you would kiss Roxas out of all the other boys you've met...maybe after hearing him say that you both knew each other a long time for some reason made a bit of a connection with him.