Chapter 32: First date! Kinda nervous!!

"You have got to be kidding me." You bit your bottom lip so hard as you tried not to laugh.

You were about to leave to go your usual route to get more takoyaki when Roxas was standing at the bottom of the stairs, his spikey hair gelled back. He was wearing his usual black coat with his strings tied in a bow. Seeing this made you wonder if he had any other type of clothes. He stood up straight with his chest puffed out a bit and his shoulders pushed back. He had the look of nervousness on his face that you obviously could clearly see as well.

"Is he doing what I think he's doing?"

{flashback}

"So I'm your...'boy friend'?" Roxas blinked at this new title he was now given. You nod, the sound of him saying that he's yours makes you want to internally squeal. "And you're my...'girl friend'."

"Yes. It's just a term lovers like us use now just so there's no misunderstanding." You explained.

"And boyfriend and girlfriends go on dates, you said?" Roxas tilts his head to the side a bit, looking at you sitting criss cross apple sauce beside him with your hands in your lap.

You both were chilling at your sleeping corner late the night before. Roxas stayed late to spend more time with you. It made you happy though that he wanted to stay with you for a little while longer (which you didn't mind in the slightest).

"Yeah. It's something a couple does to spend time together." You say while fiddling with your coat strings.

"But don't we already do that? I mean we searched for your friend together and we go on missions too." Roxas words made you chuckle.

"No no no. That's mostly us doing work. A date is more...let's just say it focuses on us and not anything else." You added, letting go of your strings to lightly tuck a piece of hair behind your ear. "Just you and me."

"So what exactly do you do on a date?" He continued with his questions.

"Hmm. Well usually the guy picks the girl up at her home with flowers while wearing a decent outfit. Then he takes her out to dinner and stuff." You tried to explain the best way you could. "But usually it's different depending on the person." You thought aloud.

"Have you been on a date before?" He asks.

"Actually no I have not been on a date." You shrugged your shoulders.

"Ever?"

"Never ever. You'd be my first." You grinned, your heart soaring at this truthful statement.

Cue the blushing, visible hues of crimson making itself present on his cheeks, but again he doesn't hide it.

Well actually your first date was technically with Ventus in Disney town when you both enjoyed yourselves at the Dream festival but now wouldn't be the best time to bring that up.

"I'm glad..." Roxas said aloud, bending his knee to prop his arm on, his fingers threading through his spikes.

You smiled at him still being flustered as you watched him avoid eye contact with you.

"Is that so?" You playfully replied to his cuteness as you leaned in to see more of his face.

"I would've thought that your friend Riku had already took you on a date before we met. Since he loves you." You shot your head back looking flabbergasted that he brought up Riku.

Seems like he will always see Riku as competition now.

"What?! No way no way! Riku never ONCE asked me out on a date! I mean yeah sure we've spent a lot of time together—" you saw Roxas look at you from the corner of his eye. "BUT—he never told me that he felt that way towards me until it was before—" you stopped.