"Hey Dane!" Alex greeted her when he saw her.

"Hey there Alex. This is a surprise." She answered, forcing a smile.

"Yeah. I was in the area so I decided to drop by and claim that promise that you'll hang out with me while I'm in town?" He said half laughing.

Mona just smiled but Alex can see that she's not well. He looked at her intently. She looks sick but she is still so beautiful. Her beauty mesmerised him. She's wearing a white tank top and a skimpy short which confirms that she just got out of bed and she looks so sexy in them. Her hair are all over the place, her nose looks red and her cheeks too. The simplicity made her look even more beautiful and looking at her made Alex's heart beats faster.

 The simplicity made her look even more beautiful and looking at her made Alex's heart beats faster

Dane noticed the way that Alex looks at Mona. Mona did not realize what she was wearing until Dane throw a fleece blanket on her. She covered the blanket to her body and pretended like she was feeling cold. Alex realized that he was already staring at her so he looked away and cleared his throat before speaking again.

"Are you ill?" He asked looking at Mona. Worry is in his eyes.

"Yeah. Probably just fatigue. Been working a lot lately." Mona answered with a weak smile.

"Did you go to a doctor for a check-up already? I mean...I can take you if you want...I mean Dane and I can take you." He said, feeling embarrassed.

"Nah. I just need to stay home and rest."

"Oh yeah? Well...can I stay? Maybe you guys would want to watch a movie or something. We can order pizza."

Mona looked at Dane and when she nodded, Mona smiled and looked at Alex again.

"I'd love that. You get to choose the first movie that we'll watch."

"Great! I'll order pizza." Dane said excitedly while Alex is smiling like an idiot because he is so happy that he gets to spend time with Mona...at her apartment.

Alex chose "Guardians of the Galaxy" because it's a funny movie and she wanted to hear Mona laugh. When Dane was done ordering pizza, he played the movie. They were having so much fun...laughing and giggling because of Groot and Drax. Mona's laughter were like music in Alex's ears. He had never heard such a beautiful laugh in his life and it warmed his heart.

When the pizza arrived, Dane stood up to get plates and cutleries. The maids already left because they were dismissed early today. Mona and Dane didn't know why but they were fine with it when they asked permission to leave. The two are used to not having maids when they were still in the Philippines so it isn't a problem at all without them now.

Mona started giggling and laughing again when Drax said something stupid to Peter. Alex looked at her and laughed with her. Mona felt like there's a shadow behind them and somebody's watching them so she turned her head. She froze when she saw the person behind them.

"Harry..." Mona immediately stood up, dropping the blanket that she was covering her body. Harry looked at her from head to toe and saw what she was wearing. He looked at Alex's direction, who is also as surprised as Mona.

Mona realized the situation that she was in and tried grabbing the blanket again. She looked at Harry again and she saw the hurt in his eyes. She didn't see any anger in them. It was just full of pain and regret and she didn't know what to say so she just waited for him to say something first...but he didn't. Instead, he turned his back and was about to leave when Mona stopped him.

"Please don't go."

"I'll come back some other time. I'm sorry for the intrusion."

And just like that...Mona's already broken heart breaks again.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen