30 ~ Hero

I'm back! Sorry for not updating guys. Nawala ang drive ko sa pagsusulat at busy din sa mga bagay-bagay sa buhay ko. :) Salamat sa paghihintay ng pagbabalik ko. Haha! I missed Colton and my baby McLaren. Happy reading! 😘

Chapter Thirty

COLTON tilted his head as he heard a familiar footstep coming from behind. He's in their hotel restaurant, waiting for his brother, Carter. He sipped on his vodka and put the glass on the table when Carter sat in the vacant seat in front of him. He then handed him a brown envelope.

"Its confirm." Carter said and waved his hand on the waitress to get some drink. "You have a crazy ex-girlfriend." Carter was shaking his head smugly.

"Where is Gail now?" He asked, controlling his anger at his ex girlfriend for hurting the love of his life, his Karen.

Malakas na ang haka-haka nila na si Gail nga ang may kagagawan nang nangyari kay Karen. Kailangan lang talaga nila ng matibay na ebidensya para mapatunayan iyon. Ngayon, nasa harap niya ay ang ebidensya na magdidiin kay Gail para managot sa batas. Binuksan niya ang brown envelope at tinignan ang laman niyon.

There's a different angle of a familiar woman in the printed photos from CCTV footage inside a expensive car near Banchero's Medical Center. Inisa-isa niya ang mga kuhang larawan na galing sa CCTV footage sa labas ng hospital.

"She's still in Manila. And she's leaving tomorrow—"

"I won't let her run away from me! I will make her pay for what she did to my wife!"

"We have a warrant of arrest and we are ready to catch her tomorrow. Gusto mong sumama?" Nagsindi ito ng sigarilyo dahilan kung bakit halos mapasinghap ang mga waiter at waitress na naroon. Mabuti na lang at malayo sa kanila ang ibang guest ng hotel. "Well, I can handle it."

"Gusto kong sumama." Pinal na sabi niya.

"Are you sure? Kilala kita, Colton. You might hurt your ex-girlfriend physically  because you're too angry at her."

"I try not to."

"Karen wouldn't like that."

Colton sighed. He never hurt a woman, but every time he thinks that Gail hurt his wife so bad, it makes him think to get even at Gail. But he knew, it was wrong to hurt a woman physically. He was raised to respect a woman and never lay a finger on them.

"I know. I won't hurt Gail. I won't." He sipped on his vodka and when the liquid made its way to his lungs, he took the last shot.

"Woah!" Carter gasped. "May I remind you that vodka isn't a water, Colton."

"I want a good sleep tonight."

"For tomorrow, yea?"

"You got it!" Then, they fists bumped. "I'll go back to the mansion now."

"Say Hello for me to Karen."

"Ayoko." Masungit na pagtanggi niya na pinagtawanan lang nito.

"See you tomorrow then."

"You won't sleep on the mansion?"

Nagbuga ito ng usok ng sigarilyo bago pinatay ang upos sa ash tray sa ibabaw ng lamesa.

"I stay here. I'm with someone."

Colton lifted his eyebrows at his brother. Confused.

"Who's with you?"

"My business is non of your business." Carter said rudely at him.

"I hope it's a girl."

"Of course! What do you think of me—tang ina mo." And that made him laugh at Carter. "Get out of my fucking sight Colton baka mabugbog kita ngayong gabi."