•Chapter 22•

Shout out to: @doggudog

[Love is like Math, it doesn't make sense]

Eh? Girlfriend?!

I look up at Tom as he says those words, confusion corroding my face. My heart beats faster than a jet as my face reddens.

Justin Towers smirks, "No fair, why don't you share?"

Tom pulls me closer to his chest. "No. Mine."

I can't even control myself at this point, my mind is a mess right now. Breathing? Never heard of it.

"U-uhm anyway..how about you show us around?" I intervene between the two as I sense some bad blood.

Justin nods as he walks on; us following behind him closely. I try to look at Tom, but my body just won't let me. I feel like my heart will explode if I do, and I don't wanna die today.

"Alright, welcome to our sort of creepy tour van." Justin gestures towards his travel bus, opening the door to let us in.

It wasn't anything special, but Tom thought otherwise. The jealously Tom felt evaporates as he marvels at every little thing in the van.

"Haha who would've thought you were a big fan!" Justin laughs at Tom and I can't help but to accompany his laughter.

Tom just rolls his eyes, attempting to act unimpressed. As Tom isn't paying attention, Justin slips a paper into my hand. I give the man a questionable gaze, cocking my head slightly.

He just gives me a goofy grin as I look at the paper, which I presume has his number plastered onto it. He holds his phone out as he has it opened to his contacts. "I would use a cheesy pick up line, but I think being straight forward is more your type isn't it?"

I hesitantly take his phone as I put in my number. I didn't even notice I did so; he's just that smooth.

Alright, this guy is pretty good looking for a human, but I won't let this pretty boy sway me. Mostly because Tom already did that..

"(Y/N) THEY OWN THEIR OWN MUGS!" Tom gawks at the pile of merch in the corner of the van.

"It's yours to take, dude." Justin nonchalantly adds. Without even listening to the guy, Tom shoves merch into a bag.

"You say something?" Tom looks back at the idol and Justin just nods a no and let's Tom do his thing.

After a good 30 minutes of talking about Love Sentence and meeting the members, we said our good byes.

"It was nice meeting you Justin, it was—fun?" I say unsure. Tom agrees as he struggles to carry his dope merch of mostly mugs and shirts.

"The pleasure was all mine, Babe." Justin says in which I just roll my eyes as Tom drags me off. I turn around to see Justin holding his fingers in the shape of phone as he mouths 'Call me'.

I cringe a bit but I don't let it show as I unintentionally hug Tom's arm.

"Aww are you jealous? I promise Justin won't steal me away from you~" Tom jokes.

I punch his chest lightly in a joking manner. "Whatever you say dummy."

~

Once home, everyone falls to the floor and passes out. Zen, Rosa, Marco, And Star camp out in the living room as dream off into a deep sleep. Jackie left home earlier, which is a good thing because I can't handle anymore of my sister's pain; It makes my heart hurt just thinking about it.

Unlike the others, Tom and I are still awake. Even though we are both exhausted as well. I grab a bottle of cold water from the fridge and throw it to Tom as we both sit at the bar counter. My feet dangle on the tall stools, as i sit to the right of Tom. A faint light from the kitchen illuminates us while the rest of the kitchen is pitch black.

We sit in comforting silence as we gulp our waters. My mind roams as I think of the whole 'girlfriend' situation. Does he like me? Did he say that just to protect me? What even are his intentions..?

"Thomas." I say out of the blue. His attention is grabbed as he stares at me. I fumble with my words, but I can't seem to say them. I want to confess everything. I have unanswered questions. Why can't I speak?

"That's my name, don't wear it out." He teases me, showing his usual bright smile. I never take the time to notice his purple skin, his bright red eyes, the way he smiles, how his salmon colored hair defies gravity, and just—Him. He never gets angry with me, and when he does, it's just a smile. Thinking about it makes me want to melt right in my seat.

"You're thinking how weird it was that I mentioned you as my girlfriend right?" Tom literally reads my mind as I sit up in my seat.

"H-How did you know?!" I exclaim in a screaming whisper.

Tom chuckles at my reaction. "It's written all over your face (Y/n)." He lays his head on my shoulder.

I blush, but it's too dark to notice, at least I hope he doesn't see it. "Well..why did you say that..you know—." I awkwardly look away.

Tom sits there for a second, 'hmm'-ing loudly. "It's because I—" Tom pauses and lets out a quiet titter. "I wonder that too (Y/n)."

Tom was holding back from something, but I didn't want to pry..or did I. Even so, my confidence level is on level 1 right now so I'm not gonna to push my luck and get him to open up. Instead I poke his nose in a jesting manner.

"How about we get some rest?" I say as I get up from my seat.

"Sleep is for the weak." Tom says leaning back in the chair.

"Bet, let's see how long you last." I joke as I make my way to my room. "Goodnight Tom, I love you!" I say by habit. As kids I could say that all the time to him, but now that we're older, I just feel so embarrassed.

With a smirk on his face, Tom walks over to me, placing his hand on the top of my head. The demon boy then leans in and kisses my forehead. "Goodnight (Y/n)..I love you too."

Tom goes through a portal to his home, leaving me in a blushing mess. Making my way up to my room, I collapse in my bed. I'm too clouded with thoughts of Tom to sleep. I smile to myself.  I wish I can tell him that again, just next time, I hope he would be mine.

»»————-
Love the story??
Like, comment, and add it to your reading lists! Updates occur every week  
^^
————-««

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Q: When the story ends (which isn't soon) would you like to have multiple endings?

A/n:
Please, I give you all permission to straight up abuse me. I apologize so so so much for not updating in so long. I'm awful I know :'(
I have 2 and a half days of school left and after that I'll go back into my old updating schedule. Until then I'd appreciate all the support I can get ^^
Artie! Out!