•Chapter 16•

Shoutout to: RandomReadingDemon
Lowkey, this person is so supportive. They also have a Tom fanfic, so why not check it out?

[Rosalina Thomas]
{Panic! At the Ball} 3

The crowd is a mixture of 'Yays!' and utter disbelief at the King's words.

I sneak my eyes up to Tom, a questioning look plasters my face.

"(Y/n), before you say anything, I'm just as surprised as you are..." Tom defends his position. He grabs my hand as he tries to weave us out of the crowd unnoticed. Sadly for him, he is singled out by a bright spotlight.

Rosalina Thomas, the supposed fiancée of Tom, makes her way down towards him. As she glides across the floor in a pair of expensive heels, I notice her familiarity to a certain someone. Thomas. Wait a moment..

Slowly I move away from the demon boy as Rosalina stands in front of him. She curtsies with such delicacy that it's most obvious she's from a pristine family. At least that's what you'd think.

As Tom and Rosalina dance away on the dance floor, I was pulled away from everyone by Marco and Star. They both seem just as shaken up as me.

"We're all thinking what I'm thinking right?" Marco questions us.

"Yea, (Y/n) just got rejected.." Star pats my shoulder lovingly, cuddling into me.

I laugh at her. Though, she's not wrong; she's not right either.

Marco face palms and gives the blonde Princess a smile. "If you weren't so adorable right now, I would have bullied you for missing the point." Marco instantly regrets what he says as he covers his mouth. "Uhh, I mean—"

Star blushes a deep red, but plays it off as a joke. "I-I know I'm cute, don't remind me.." I hold back my snickers as Star puts on a facade, her inner Tsundere showing through.

"Anyway, we think Rosalina is related to Jackie some how.." I pause. "Though I don't think they're sister."

They cock their heads, confused and awestruck. I was going to explain but then the music began hyping up and I could barley hear myself over the sound of some demon dubstep or whatever you want to call it. I mouth out 'I'll tell you later' as we part ways. I run off hoping to find Tom in the midst of this. Instead, I find him laughing with Rosalina. I can't hear anything, but they seem to actually be getting along. She gets really close to him, and teases him a bit. Not that I mind, he can hang out with whoever he pleases..even if it's his fiancée. Though I say this, my emotions keep knocking me around.

The temptation to just push her away from him is really getting to me, but instead I give them on last look before walking away.

I'm not sure where I'm headed exactly, but I just keep walking. Past the people, past Tom, and past the painfully reality. I find myself standing up on the balcony. The sky is a dark blue, speckled with abnormal stars and in the middle of it all is the Blood Moon. The beauty pulls away any anxiety I was feeling In that moment. Breath in....breathe out.

"Stressed Milady?" A voice says.

I turn to look at the owner of that voice and appears the man from earlier, Zen Lucitor. I'm taken aback by his presence, not sure what to say. He glides over to me, standing a foot away from me. His crossed arms lay on the railing of the balcony, the wind calmly blowing through his dyed locks.

"You don't have to worry Miss (Y/n)." Zen speaks.

He doesn't elaborate on what he means by that, but I'm not going to ask. "Thank you." I reply.

We stand in comforting silence though I have so many questions I want to ask; I keep silent. It's as if the Prince could sense my emotions: the anguish in my heart.

"You don't have to talk, I'll do that for you." Zen doesn't hesitate to continue. "Your theory is correct—about Princess Rosalina not being the sister of Jackie Thomas. She was adopted into their family at a young age after losing her family. Quite tragic, really."

My detestation for Rosalina slightly diminishes and is replaced with pity. My envy caused me to hate a girl who I knew nothing about; I'm the worst. "It must have been difficult.." I trail off.

Zen proceeds. "Indeed...though I'd say she was always positive. She was even okay with taking up the whole 'Queen' thing. Though, she did fall in love with a really trashy guy. Im not sure what she saw in that dead beat who would rather gamble then have responsibilities..." His smiles tugs slightly, but Zen holds his ground.

"Why are you telling me this.." I remove my eyes from the stars onto him.

He hides it well, but I can tell he is in a state of defeat, broken even.

"Because," Zen halts, his words becoming louder. "I was the guy that broke her heart! And If you don't do anything, she'll do the same to Thomas."

»»————-
Love the story??
Like, comment, and add it to your reading lists! Updates occur every 3 days or so 
^^
————-««

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Q: Who is your favorite female character in SVTFOE?

A/n: sorry for the lack of romance, I just wanted to add in some plot. 😅