Didn't Expect THAT to Happen... (26)

*Tye's Point of View*

Its been three weeks since Jordan and I had started going out. Each day though, it seems like Jordan drifts away further from me. Like he's lost interest or something.

"Knock Knock" I said as I walked into our room. Jordan was studying... again. He's been doing that shit alot. I don't know why. Just school. But it was his thing I guess.

"Hey" Jordan responded, trying to sound cheerful. I stood there staring at him for a while until he finally turned around and looked at me. "Is there something you needed?" He asked, arching an eyebrow. I smiled.

"I can't just come see you?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"I'm studying..." He said. He sounded slightly annoyed. I took my arms from around him and crossed them across my chest.

"What's been up with you lately, love?" I asked suspiciously. Jordan's body tensed up and he looked down.

"Umm.. Nothing?" He sounded unsure.

"You know you can tell me anything Jordan." I stated as I pulled him into a hug. He clung on to me tightly, like it was the last chance he had.

"I want to go to Auburn." He said softly. Sadness hit me like a punch in the gut. I immediatly pulled his face up to see if he was serious. he couldn't be. He just couldn't.

"Jordan... I... I can't..." I stuttered. I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

"I didn't want to hurt you. I love you. You know that Tye. I love you with all my heart. But I want to live my dream so badly. I want to be a chemical engineer. This is the one shot I have. It's a chance of a life time." He said seriously as tears poured down his face.

I just held him. I was at a loss for words. If I loved him, I would let him go. That's what I kept telling myself. Why was it so hard though?

"Go." I said faintly. He didn't respond

"Go." I said a bit stronger. I knew this was right. I had to let him go be himself. Even if that meant leaving me behind.

"I don't know Tye. I don't know if I can leave you..." Jordan said weakly, still clinging onto me by my shirt.

"We still have about 3 months until the semester starts. We can make it last." I said, trying to smile. I knew it probably looked like a scowl.

"Thank you Tye. Thank you. I love you. I love you." Jordan kept repeating. We stood there and held each other, knowing our time was precious.