25| Perfect Storm

Artemi

I look outside my window as it starts to storm outside. Lightening lights up the sky as it illuminates the buildings for just a second. Dark clouds sit right on the other side of the glass giving the storm some power. And just as quick as the lightning lights up the sky, it gets dark again. The rain pours down onto everything in the city, including the poor people who have places to be this dreary day.

I stand at the floor to ceiling window and watch it continue to storm, the clouds right outside my window as the rain almost looked like it was coming inside. If I opened the window I'm sure it really would. I watch the rain drops slowly trickle down the window, like the tears on the face of someone you love. I stand here just staring with a blank mind as I try to put two and two together.

I get broken out of my thoughts when I hear a large thud from next door. I freak out a little and decide I should go make sure Valerie is okay.

I go over and let myself in. I call out her name and she tells me that she's in the bathroom. I run in there and see Valerie in the tub. He was covered with her shower curtain as she looked up to me.

"I kinda slipped" she smiles and even though I was scared, I smile back.

"Let me help you" I insist.

I grab her a towel and she makes me turn around as she wrapped herself. Once she was set I help her out of the tub and onto the wet floor. She slips again and I easily catch her. Her fingers get tangled in my shirt as I hold her up.

"I hope this whole "you saving me" doesn't become a habit of mine" she giggles as she finds her feeting.

"Are you okay" I ask. I brush some hair out of her face as she smiles up at me.

"Yeah. Just a little weak, that's all" she insists.

I take her into her room and sit her on her bed. She holds the towel close to herself as she looks at me.

"Can you get me some pajamas" she asks and I smile.

"Of course" I insist.

I go to her dresser and open the second compartment. On the left side was sleeping shirts and on the right was shorts. I pick up one of each before closing it up.

"Is this okay" I ask as I show her what I picked out and she nods.

I walk over to her and place her things on the bed. I take a extra towel I grabbed before leaving the bathroom and sit myself behind her. I start to dry her long dripping her hair with the towel. She sits there as she lets me dry out her hair, nothing but the sounds of storm around us making a noise.

I move some of her hair to the side exposing her shoulders. I sit there and stare at her beautiful milky skin, not a blemish to be seen. I softly kiss her shoulder blade and I feel her jump when my lips meet her skin. She slowly leans back into me as I continue to kiss her soft skin. I feel her get chills as my lips continues to suck on her exposed skin.

"Artemi" she gasps.

"Yeah baby" I whisper.

"I want to see your eyes" she says.

I move so I was sitting in front of her. She softly grabs the back of my neck and pulls me close. She stares into my eyes for whatever reason it was this time and I had no problem staring back.

She moves her hand from my neck and to her towel starting to undo it.

"What are you doing" I ask grabbing her hand so she would stop.

"Isn't this what you want" I ask.

"Yeah. But just because I want you doesn't mean you want me" I remind her.

"I do. I look into your eyes and I can tell you have pure intentions. You're not going to hurt me" she says softly.

"Are you sure" I ask her.

She finishes undoing the towel before tossing it to the floor. I sit frozen in my spot as I start to stare. I really didn't mean to, but we've been together for over half a year and she still takes my breath away. Every time I look at her it's with fresh eyes, like I've never seen anything so amazing before in my life. And at this moment, I haven't.

And here she sat, her natural beauty out for the world to see. But I'm the only one who could see it because it was me she decided to fall in love with.

There's a huge clap of thunder and she looks out her window. A lightning flash lights up the room illuminating her and I smile. I suddenly grab her waist and softly lay her on her bed. She looks up to me and I try to look away from her eyes but I can't. I can see my reflection in them, but I see me the way she sees me and it gives me chills. I softly caress her cheek as she smiles up at me.

"You are so beautiful" I whisper. She pulls me down into a kiss and I have absolutely no problem kissing her back.

"Are you going to sweet talk me or get undressed" she smirks and I raise my eyebrow. Looks like someone found her confidence.

I quickly shed my clothes before joining her under her sheets. As soon as my body hits the blanket she starts to kiss me. I pull her on top of me as she straddles my lap. I hold her close to me as my eyes stay shut. I can see the lightning flash through my closed eyes as my heart starts to sound like thunder.

As she moves her lips to my neck my eyes roll to the back of my head as I bite my lip. I try to make it so the only sound was the rain hitting the window.

"Baby" I gasp.

"Yeah" she whispers.

"Please stop teasing me" I beg.

She places a long kiss on my lips and that was all I needed.

~

I roll over in bed and see Valerie laying there. Her hair had finally totally dried but that's about the only thing from last night that changed. I smile big as I reach out and touch her bare skin. I pull her into me as she starts to stir. The sun comes in the wide open window, the storm from last night was all but gone and the weather was nothing but sunshine now.

She opens her beautiful eyes and smiles up at me. She starts to caress my cheek with her thumb as she looks into my eyes.

"Good morning beautiful" I say.

"Good morning baby" she says softly.

"I kind of hate how much I love waking up like this. I wish it was always like this" I admit.

"One day" she promises.

"One day" I repeat.