19| So In Love

Valerie

After seven days in the hospital listening to people talk about blood and organs I was finally released. I'm not saying that I hated that place, because the people there were great, but I was more than ready to be home. Artemi drives me home from the hospital since it wasn't the best idea for me to drive home and he would somehow get my car back to the apartment. I wasn't going to ask questions because quite frankly I didn't care how I got home, I just needed to get there.

As soon as we get out the car once we reach the apartment complex I feel the cool air hit my face. It sends my hair in a tizzy as I try to tame it. I get a cold chill as my neck got exposed, I guess that was my fault for telling Artemi to bring me a dress to change into. But I haven't worn pants in nearly a week and I didn't want to change that.

We walk inside and say hi to Henry at the front desk. He was the friend that was helping watch Rafiki which made me feel better. I knew the dog liked him because every time Henry dropped by to pick something up or drop it off he asked to play with him. So I trust he took good care of him. Plus the dog isn't dead or missing and that's all that matters.

I let us into my apartment and the first thing I see is my little puppy. He jumps up on my legs so I pick him up. He showers me with kisses and I laugh.

"Oh buddy I've missed you too" I laugh.

"He's been a very good boy" Artemi assures me.

"He's such a good boy" I insist.

I set him down and he runs off. I drop my hospital bag onto the floor before jumping onto the couch. I stuff my face in the pillows and let out a long sigh.

"Man, I miss being here" I admit.

"How happy are you to be out of there" Artemi wonders.

"So happy" I smile.

"Is there anything I can do for you" he asks.

"Can you sing to me" I ask.

"I'm a terrible singer" he laughs.

"I love your voice" I admit.

"They say love is blind... not deaf" he jokes and I giggle.

"Pleaaaase. For me" I beg as I stick out my bottom lip.

"That's not even fair" he whines.

"How is that" I question.

"You could ask me to die for you and give me that face and I would do it" he claims and I laugh.

"I would never ask you to do that" I assure him.

"But I would do it" he claims.

"So you're going to sing for me" I tease and he rolls his eyes.

"I need my guitar" he sighs and I smile.

He gets up and goes next door. After a few moments he returns with his shirt off and a red rose in his mouth. He stands in the door way strumming his guitar and wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

"Oh my" I laugh as he comes in. Rafiki comes over and stands by him just so he could jump around at his feet. Artemi slowly walks over to me as he tosses the Rose at me which I easily catch it. He sits next to me as he looks deep in my eyes. 

"You look so wonderful in your dress
I love your hair like that
The way it falls on the side of your neck
Down your shoulders and back

We are surrounded by all of these lies
And people who talk too much
You've got that kind of look in your eyes
As if no one knows anything but us

And should this be the last thing I see
I want you to know it's enough for me
'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

I'm so in love, so in love
So in love, so in love."

Now Artemi was by no means a good singer. He was decent at guitar and if he didn't try to sing too high or too low it wasn't bad. But it's not his voice or his guitar skills that I loved so much, it was how much fun he had while singing. We don't get to do much in this relationship, so every little thing was so magical to me. And these moments when he tries to sing, well they're pretty darn great to me.

"You look so beautiful in this light
Your silhouette over me
The way it brings out the blue in your eyes
Is the Tenerife sea

And all of the voices surrounding us here
They just fade out when you take a breath
Just say the word and I will disappear
Into the wilderness

And should this be the last thing I see
I want you to know it's enough for me
'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

I'm so in love, so in love
So in love, so in love."

I move his guitar to the side and place myself in his lap. I look into his beautifully constructed eyes as I hold his face in my hands. He continues to sing softly until I press my lips against his. He starts to massage my neck as he kisses me back.

Finally things didn't feel like they were falling apart. I was finally home, in his arms right where I belonged. 

"I'm so happy you're home" he whispers on my lips as we break apart.

"Me too. I missed this" I admit.

"How do you feel" he wonders.

"Just fine now" I smile and he smirks back. He quickly presses his lips to mine once again and all was right in my little world.