XXVIII

Edith's POV:

We all exchanged a panicked look and then rushed to get into a room, locking the door behind us.

"What about the others?!" I whispered-shout asked.

Frisk peered over at me, "They're after one of the Frisks, or maybe you, Edith. If they're looking for anyone, it's the two of us, because they saw we were up!"

I nodded, flinching as someone tried to open the door, but failed since it was locked.

"I know you're in there," They sang.

I saw Frisk's shoulders slump and she exchanged a look with Sans. There was something they knew that I didn't.

"Who is it?" I mouthed, not even bothering to make noise anymore.

"Chara," Frisk responded ever so quietly.

Chara started singing a song, and I could hear her picking the lock. I got up and bolted to the window, unlocking it and sliding it up, kicking the screen out.

"You first," I commanded.

Frisk nodded briskly and lifted herself out the window, small enough to make it out easily.

I looked over to Sans, about to tell him to go, but he spoke first. "I can just teleport. Besides, I want to make sure you two can make it out in time."

Pausing, I nodded and proceeded to the window. I wiggled out of the narrow window, surprised that Frisk did this task with such ease.

As I flung myself out the window and onto the other side, landing ungracefully in a bush. I heard the door slam open and a battle began. Clambering to get up and out of the shrubbery I caught up to Frisk, who had taken off during my mediocre escape.

"Why does this keep on happening?" I panted, irritated by the sudden attack and sleep deprivation.

"I don't know why. However, we're going to find out and we're going to find out soon. The two of us going to put an end to this. Agreed?"

"Agreed," I grinned, happy that someone else felt the same way I did.

Sans' POV:

I slid to the side, twisting my body so that Chara's knife didn't hit me.

"Chara!" I exclaimed, dodging another knife, "Stop this! Don't you remember me? We were friends!"

"So? Just because we were friends, doesn't mean we still are. You betrayed me. You left me to that. . . that ghost of a monster and you didn't come for me! Not you, not Frisk, not Asriel, not Dad, not Mom, no one! I was left completely alone! And so, in light of that, I'm going to leave you lonely."

"What do you mean by that?" I paused, feeling my heart rate skyrocket and my eye brighten.

She smirked, saying in a quiet voice, "Red Harren."