XI

Sans' face turned a light shade of blue and he looked away, stuttering out, "I-Ink. . ."

"Who--Okay, I know who Ink is, but why would he know what Nightmare's after?" Sans winced a little bit at the question.

"They were. . . Once, 'colleagues', he said. And his brother, Dream, thinks that. . . He thinks he knows his motives. That's why. . . I just. . . Needed to see that you were okay all those times. Especially after he told me that."

I frowned, "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

He laughed a sour laugh, "How was I supposed to bring that up? Casually just say, 'Hey, Frisk, there's a supervillain or two after you who want you dead or your powers that you may or may not have, so be careful.' I didn't exactly know how to bring that up."

"Well, you could have at least tried," I adopted the same sour tone as he had.

"Frisk, you should have trusted me before. But, now you do, and so, now we can do something about this whole. . . Nightmare situation."

"This whole Nightmare situation should have been handled a long time ago," I stood up, him shortly following me, "And now there are two people in danger."

"You're blaming me for him upgrading his stakes against us? Really?"

I began to walk away, "You just convinced me to trust you, Sans. And you tell me this? Right after I trusted you with my. . . Love," I finished with a lame tone. "You know, if you really want me to trust you, you shouldn't keep secrets that could save lives. That could have saved lives. And if you ever want me to trust you fully again, because we are basically back to square one, no more secrets. And no more prophecies."

"What the hell do you mean prophecies? I never said anything like that!" He snapped, getting in front of me before I could really walk away.

I sighed, "Sans, I'm too tired for this. Magic like that does take energy. I don't want to deal with this right now--"

"You mean you don't want to deal with me."

I borderline glared at him, "I don't want to deal with the situation at hand. I want to go home and think this over carefully. Before I make a snap decision."

I elbowed my way past him. He didn't follow me, for once and I took this chance to rush home, leaning against the door once I had locked and closed it.

"Every. . . Damn. . . Time. . ." I slowly slid down the door, pulling on my hair that hung over my face and brushed my legs.

"You blame your boyfriend for false prophecies," I didn't even bother to look up as someone whispered around me, "When you should really be blaming the villains for all the wrong information. Or maybe even the heroes for all the wrong wording."

"Shut the hell up," I whispered, defeated and tired.