XV

Frisk's POV:

I sighed gently as I checked the timeline, seeing if there was any activity. There was a slight spike an hour ago, and nothing had happened since. Nightmare might be here, in the timeline, waiting for his chance to get me.

I pulled out my phone, quickly sending Sans a text, "I have a trap for our old friend. Come to the park; be ready for a fight."

I hit send and then got up from my desk, pocketing my phone, readjusting my ripped jeans and pulling my plaid tank top into place, dashing to the door and putting on my skater shoes, grabbing a coat on the way out. I double checked that I had locked the door before skipping out onto the sidewalk, heading to the nearby park.

If I was going to lose, then someone would know, and someone would try and help me win the game. And if I couldn't win the game, then, I would lose intentionally: No one else deserved the pain Nightmare planned, but I wouldn't let anyone else suffer because of his dispute with me.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket and I pulled it out, continuing to stroll to the park.

'What do you mean be ready for a fight? What are you planning to do, Frisk?'

I could feel his concern through the phone, 'I mean that we're going to stop Nightmare before he can do his worst. Meet me at the park, I need to know there's someone to have my back.'

'You can't-do this.'

'And you can't stop me. I'm doing this. Whether you help or not is your choice.'

It was a full minute before he replied, 'Fine.'

I clicked my phone off, continuing to listen to my Pump Up playlist, something which I listened to before exams, or, in a few cases, battles with glitches.

Moreover, in this instance, one of the most notorious glitches in the universe.

I focused on breathing steady. Feeling the air leave and enter my lungs, the way my breathing sounded, how it felt within my chest and stomach, what it was doing for me.

I will not let this lack of a man ruin my friend's lives, even if I have to wreck mine.

Soon enough I walked into the nature park, sitting down near a tree, looking around skeptically, waiting for any suspicious behavior.

Sans appeared in the park before Nightmare did, running over to me. I paused my music as he spoke, "What are you doing, Frisk?" He questioned.

"I am saving a timeline of people suffering," I stood up, scowling a little bit at his tone. "I would rather I disappear than one of the others."

"He threatened you and Chara, no one else. So you're protecting Chara, not this timeline, not your friends, just Chara--"

"And?" I didn't shout, but my tone was venomous.

"And I would rather see you safe, preferably both of you, but I would favor that you're safe. You've suffered enough," He gently reached for my arm, but I pulled away.

"I've sacrificed a lot compared to most people. My friends have sacrificed a lot. I'm not going to let their bravery go to waist. I am going to stop him before he can do any more wrong to me or Chara. Neither of us deserves this, but I can get through this; Chara isn't that strong."

"She needs to learn to be strong," Sans lectured in a low tone, "You can't always protect her, or the others."

I chuckled dryly, "I've done far from protecting them. It's been more like me hurting the people around me and being defended by just them."

He sighing slowly, "Frisk, I am not letting you put yourself in danger. I am not going to lose you again."

"You were fine the first time you lost me, and when you were still trying to get me back. If I go missing, Ink will help you, and I won't go missing for long. The worst anyone can do at this point is actually kill me."

Sans seemed uneasy at me mentioning that. If that truth made him uncomfortable, then, he had a lot more to accept.

"I can't deny that. . ." He trailed off.

A slight breeze hit my back and I turned around, only to see Nightmare, the sky darkened above our heads.

I clenched my fists and turned to face him fully.

"I didn't expect you to admit to my grasp," He grinned.

"I'm not admitting to your grasp," I replied in a mocking tone, "I'm just making sure this little game wraps up without more people getting hurt."

"You mean what happened with Chara? That was quite enjoyable," The skeleton laughed to himself.

"Yeah, and that'll be the last of your sadistic game." I threatened in a low tone.

His grin grew wider, and in a mocking turn he retorted, "Oh, is this your final move?"

"We'll have to see whether it is."