VIII

"Alphys, how could he have slipped by a system like this? His appearance would have been a dead give away!" I paced, trying not to freak out on the anxious scientist.

"I-I-I don't know, Frisk! I-I guess that he's f-f-found a way around it. S-S-Sounds like something he could do." She tried to make sense of it, too.

I shook my head, sighing before I sat down, rubbing the sides of my head, a headache coming on.

"Frisk, I-I'm sorry. B-B-But I think that o-other precautions will h-have to be made for Nightmare. W-W-We knew that there'd be an f-flaw somewhere." She sat down beside me, draping an arm over my back.

"Why does it have to be with him?" I groaned.

Alphys paused for a moment before replying, "What p-powers was he t-talking about?"

"What? When did we flip to what the crazy man said?"

"Frisk, if you actually have powers, you could protect Chara. You could help protect this timeline. I-I know t-t-that you don't want to h-have an abnormal life, a-a-at least for a little bit, b-but if you want to protect y-y-your friends. . . I-It may be time to. . . T-T-To accept that you're no n-normal human."

I choked on my breath a little bit, "I don't want to."

"You didn't want to the first time, e-either. B-But you might have to."

I looked up at her, dragging my hands away from my face. Looking away for a moment I thought over this offer for a short amount of time.

"Fine. Who's going to help me?"

She smiled a small smile, "I-I-I think you know who."

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! But, the next one will be a good chapter, I promise. Something good will come from this.

~ anonymous_glitch