IX

I stood awkwardly in the park, waiting for Sans to appear for the lesson. Of course, Alphys, the hopeless romantic, and the shy introvert who probably wouldn't have been able to talk to the weakest of trainers had set me up with Sans for my lessons.

Out of all the monsters or people! Sans! The one person I couldn't be around. The one person.

"Whatcha thinking about, kid?" He suddenly spoke behind me, making me jump and almost punch him in the nose.

"Woah, okay, calm down there jumpy," He laughed, making me laugh too.

I didn't want to laugh, "Well, um, now that you're here. . . Well. . . How do we start this, whole, uh, training thing?"

He tilted his head a little bit at me, "You aren't convinced that you have powers, are you?"

I chuckled a little bit, leaning against a tree, "I am far from average, as many people would say, but I don't have any secret powers. And even if I did, I don't want to know if I do. It'd just. . . It'd just be a pain on top of everything else that is annoying the hell out of me right now."

Sans "eye brows" raised at my tone, me never being an aggressive person.

"Sorry, I just--"

"No, that's good," He smiled at me, "That'll help."

"Really. . .?" I frowned a little bit.

"Yeah. You need a lot of emotions to discover them, most of the time, and then the power and drive to use them regularly. Now, you not knowing what they are makes this a hundred percent worse--"

I groaned.

"But, that doesn't make it impossible. You'll just have to be caught off guard."

I screamed a little bit as he picked me up with his magic and I struggled against it, feeling panicked.

"Sans put me down," I demanded, closing my eyes as panic took over.

"Come on, you know I won't hurt you. Do you feel anythi--"

"Put me down, Sans!" I snapped, my voice cracking.

He gently put me down, rushing over worriedly. He sat down beside me as I slowly calmed down, having a few flashbacks, but not clearly remembering them. No, it was nightmares. It was from the nightmares.

"D-Don't do that. E-E-Ever again."

He nodded, pulling me into a hug. I hugged back after a few seconds, this action feeling familiar.

"Sans. . . Do you. . . Can you tell me why I loved you? S-Since I don't remember?"

I could feel his skeletal face morph into confusion for a moment before he nodded, pulling away from the hug a little bit. But I was still in his embrace.

"You always told me that you loved my jokes. Loved my laugh. You told me that my laugh sounded like old vinyl, deep and wise. You said that you liked how I was honest, that I didn't mess around. You don't play games, you would say." He was smiling, staring off into space, really remembering that time.

"You would always talk about how you could open up to me like an old song. You felt like you could trust me with your deepest secrets. And you did. You also said some things like. . . If something ever happened to you, that I wouldn't let you disappear. That if you ever stopped loving me that. . . That I would never. . . Never give up. . ." His voice got silent near the end.

"I wasn't wrong to say that," I cuddled up to him, but paused before I moved another inch.

This was me deciding. I was saying yes, giving into the nagging feeling of love that I had around him. I was saying that I only liked MK as a friend and nothing else. I was giving myself back to Sans, in ways that I couldn't even imagine in the moment.

Was I really sure about him? About. . . Us?